2. And, Action!

Diana

I shake my head furiously as I wait for him to show up. He was supposed to meet me here fifteen minutes ago.

His men kidnap me, offer a ridiculous offer, I refuse and he kidnaps my daughter, then when I agree, he's late. Honestly, how is someone like him a mafia leader?

"Had to take care of something, my bad." The man says, finally arriving and taking a seat across from me at the diner.

"Who's kid did you kidnap this time?" I respond sarcastically,

He smirks as he sits down. "Let's get down to business, shall we?" He pulls out a sheet of paper from his pants pocket. "You pretend to be my fiancee until the cops are off my back then you are free to go."

He's got to be kidding me. He has put me through all of this. There was no way in hell I was going to agree to this without at least gaining something.

"Not acceptable."

His eyebrows narrow. "The fuck do you mean not acceptable?"

I slightly jump at his tone change, but I remain steady.

"You heard me. That offer is unacceptable. I want something in return."

I can tell he is getting angrier as he speaks. "You think you have a fucking choice? It wasn't up for debate. Do you know w-"

"Listen. At this point, you must need me pretty badly if you're doing all of this instead of just grabbing some skank off the street and making her your pretend bitch until you're done," I stop talking just to see if he will argue with me about it. When he stays silent, I continue. "So, with that being said, I want something in return. "

He stares at me for a moment, deciphering whether he should listen to the crazy bitch sitting in front of him.

After a while, he finally answers."What do you want?" He asks through gritted teeth.

"Eighty thousand dollars." I demand confidently.

"Do I look like a fucking bank to you?"

"That's enough to allow me and my daughter a promised future. We will be able to move to a different state, a new home, and I will be able to afford a financially stable lifestyle for my child. Possibly even pay for her college fund. "

He paused again. His eyebrows have narrowed further as he stares at the table in deep thought.

Finally, he answers, "You must act your part at all times and don't tell a single soul or you and them are dead,"

I nod in agreement, "Deal."

"Deal." He responds.

We sit in silence for a while and when he is about to get up, I ask what has been on my mind but was too scared to ask. Yes, in a way, I was terrified of the man before me. But I wouldn't dare show it. I learned a while ago that if you show you are afraid of someone, they will only try to make you more afraid of them.

"Why do you need a fake fiancee, anyway?"

"I'm sure you know what I do by now. Someone snitched. Now the cops are all over me. I figured I show them I'm an ordinary engaged man, they'll eat that shit right up. Especially with someone like you."

"What does that mean?" I question him, offended.

"You tried to help a man my men and I shot without even knowing who he was. It was that or let you go and run your mouth to the cops."

He slides over a piece of paper and I see a few numbers written on it. He then begins to get up.

"Diana Ambrose. " I say, as he gets from behind the table. At his confused glance, I explain. "That's my name. Diana Mandi Ambrose. Figured you'd need it since I'm your fiancee now or whatever."

He nods as he turns back around, shoving his hands in his front pants pocket. "Dante. Dante Stone. No middle name. " I caught him saying before walking out of the restaurant.

"Dante." I repeat, trying the name out. I'd have to get used to that name since I would now be seeing a lot of him.

Crazy how my life has changed in less than twenty-four hours.

~~~

Three days later, I sat in front of my dining room table staring at the number dialed on my phone. Debating whether I should call him.

I was confused. How was this whole thing going to play out? Are me and Fiona going to have to move in with him? That couldn't work. I didn't trust him. Especially with Fiona. Hell, I didn't trust anyone with Fiona. There were only three people in the world I trusted with Fiona. And those were my friends.

Valentina, Audrey and my best friend Lily. I met Valentina when I was sixteen, back in foster care. We just sort of hit off and once we were old enough to leave, we just kind of stuck with each other. We didn't start to get closer until a little while after Lily and I became friends. Valentina was the party girl. Long dyed violet hair. Sparkling bead like eyes. Smooth brown skin. No matter what, even if it was a life or death situation, she always wanted to have fun.

Audrey. I met her a little while after meeting Val. We hated each other for a long time. Lily became friends with her and wanted to introduce us to each other, and I hated her. She had long wavy dirty blonde hair when we first met, which she has changed into a short bob hairstyle. I didn't know what it was, but she just rubbed me the wrong way. I would say she was the celebrity one of the group. Nearly everyone in the city new her, as she was an excellent wedding planner. She was always professional and snobby. Everything always had to be perfect for her. Which I believe was one of the reasons I disliked her in the beginning. But now that is one of my favorite things about her.

And Lily. Lily was my best friend. We met when I was seventeen. It was at my first job, a local McDonald's. Lily and I became friends after she invited me to her house to eat. I told her about Fiona and my situation, but that only made her invite me even more. She was far more successful at seventeen than I was. I had just gotten out of foster care with Fiona and was living in a homeless shelter at that age while Lily had just bought her first apartment. Soon she offered for me and Fiona to live with her until I was able to get back on my feet and after some arguing, I gave in.

She was way too kind. That's what caught my interest in the first place. Sadness, dissapointment and anger were the only emotions I had ever seen on anyone I knew at the time and when someone like Lily shows up in your life, it's hard to get used to. Infact, I am still not fully used to it, despite knowing her for six years now. Lily was definitely the kind and innocent one of the group. She never gets into any trouble. Never dares to say a curse word and she can never say no to anyone without feeling guilty. Whenever one of us is in trouble or down and we need someone to lean on, Lily is always there. I believe everyone needs a Lily in their life.

Then there is me. The feisty one in the group is what Audrey labeled me. According to my friends, I hated sharing my feelings, always wanted to be right and deep down was a softy.

I didn't necessarily hate sharing my feelings. I just figured it was best to keep them bottled up. I was forced to as a child, so that was kind of the only thing I know how to do with them.

I sigh and shove the paper back inside of my pocket. If he wanted this whole pretend Fiance thing to take place, he would have to call himself.

•••

Hey lovelies!

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and if you did please, vote, comment and share!