6. Craps

Diana

Red or green? If I choose red, I'll look like I tried too hard. But if I choose green it'll look like I didn't try hard enough.

I hold both shirts up, staring at each one for a while before choosing red.

Since tonight I had to go with Dante to his casino opening as his fiancee, I at least wanted to look the part.

I put the shirt on with slightly baggy jeans and threw my black sneakers on. The shirt hugged my skin tightly but I had to wear it for tonight.  I open my room and step into the living room where Dante is sitting on the couch waiting for me. He is on his phone, legs slightly open as I stand in front of him.

I clear my throat to get his attention and he looks up from his phone. "Does this say fiance to the world's rudest casino owner or no?"

He puts his phone away and sits up. "Hell no."

"What do you mean, hell no? It took me ten minutes to decide which shirt goes with these pants. Not to mention it was thirty bucks."

He looks at the shirt more closely, "Thirty bucks? That shirt was thirty bucks?"

"Yes."

"From where? You must have gone to a fancy store. At the thrift store that would have been five dollars at the most."

"Seriously? You couldn't have told me this before I spent thirty dollars on it?"  I respond frustrated. Yes I was cheap. I will say that proudly.

"Either way, you're not wearing that right?"

I laugh, "I don't know who you think I am but I'll be damned if I have some man and especially you telling me what I can and cannot wear."

He stares at me, first looking as if he wants to put a gun to my head and blow my brains out but after a minute it switches to a smile.

He nods in understanding as he stands up and walks to me. I try to remain calm at his closeness. He bends his neck down and I feel his breath on my neck as he whispers, "Put a dress on, Diana. Don't make me ask twice, alright?"

After he says this he grabs his phone off the couch and walks towards the door, "I'll be in the car." He says before walking out.

I roll my eyes and scoff as I walk back to my room. "Stupid hot jerk." 

I go back to my closet and look at the very few dresses I have. One being one of Fiona's old dresses. I didn't quite know how that got in there. I am about to bring it to her but remember Lily is watching her for the night.

The only dress that seems acceptable for tonight is a long red dress Valentina had given me a few years ago as a birthday gift. It was an off the shoulder dress with a slit. I had tried it on once but never wore it.

I quickly take my shirt and pants off, replacing it with the dress and go to my mirror to see.

I hadn't dressed up in forever, so right now I was feeling good about myself. I knew I wasn't an ugly woman, sure I had moments where I hated myself and a few insecurities but who didn't.

With my red hair pushed back, anyone would be able to get a nice view of my breasts. I noticed the stress marks that were once all over them and my arms were gone and that filled me with a little more confidence.

I didn't have an hourglass body, but I was happy with it. I had nice c cup breasts and my ass was enough to work with. With my long legs Everything filled in pretty fine. Besides I needed to love my body, everyone else had treated it like shit.

After freshening up I grab my bag and turn the lights out. I walk out of the apartment. Locking the door before walking to Dante's car. He watches me intently as I walk up.