10. Silly, Silly, Connor

Dante

I will treat myself today. I hadn't had a cigarette in almost two days. It may have seemed like a small deal, but that was an accomplishment In my book.

Maybe I co-

My thoughts are cut off when my phone rings and I see it is Diana. "Alright, I don't like asking anyone for help, especially you-"

"Okay, I'm hanging up."

Can't call me unexpectedly, I pick up just for you to diss me.

"Okay, okay. Fiona doesn't have school today and I have to go to work. All of my friends are not available and I uh I just don't h-"

"I can watch her."

"Wait really?"

"Yeah. I need a pet for a day, anyway."

"Wow, that was easier than I thought. Okay, great! Oh, my gosh, awesome! Alright I-"

"You're way too hyper for it to be seven in the morning." I say, taking a sip of coffee. I had just woken up and usually needed at least an hour before I was bothered by human interaction. "I'll be there in thirty minutes."

"We're already on the bus. The hospital is close to your house. I think. I'll just stop there."

"Cool."

"Great. We're on our way." She then hangs up.

I don't understand how a woman can be so hyper and panicky, yet so organized and put together.

I check my phone and search up things to do with a twelve-year-old girl for a day. It couldn't be that hard, right? Feed em, and make sure they don't die. I basically do that with Micheal every day.

About ten minutes later, I am still searching as I hear a knock on the door.

I get up to answer and grin at Diana and Fiona standing there.

She rolls her eyes as they step inside. "No. " She says and begins pacing in the living room. Fiona stands at the entrance, rubbing her eye and adjusting the backpack on her back.

"No, what? I didn't e-"

"Whatever you have, that stupid grin on your face for the answer is no. No smoking, no guns, none of your Mafia friends, none of that. I don't want any of that going on. And most of no..." she trails off and glances at Fiona.

Pulling my arm to the kitchen, she lowers her voice, "And no women. I don't want any of your little skanks around my daughter. Got it?"

I run my eyes over her body. She is wearing the scrubs again and her hair is pushed to the side messily.

"You look extremely fuckable right now, Diana. "

She rolls her eyes again and narrows her brows. "Dante." She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

Say it again, baby.

"I already don't trust you with her since the first time you guys met, she was in a warehouse. But unfortunately, you're the only person available. I'll be back before six tonight. I just... please. P-"

I pinch her cheek, "Don't you worry your pretty little tail about us baby,"

She repeats my actions, "Don't call me that." She says, letting my cheek go and walks out of the kitchen.

She walks to Fiona. "Listen, I'll be back as soon as possible. If you need, anything you let Mr. Stone know. Do you think you can stay here with him for a few hours?"