18. Wasted

Diana

"I'm just not in the mood to go to a club, get drunk and have a pounding hangover in the morning, Val." I say, looking through my closet for something to wear tonight as Val and Audrey sit on my bed already dressed.

"Oh, hush, it'll be fun. A chance to finally get loose. No work, no kids, no fake fiancee. It's going to be great!" Val replies.

"Yeah, I can't even remember the last time you had a drink, Diana." Audrey chimes in

"Well, excuse me for having a daughter and responsibilities. "

I glance at Audrey and see her roll her eyes. "Just because you have a kid doesn't mean she has to be your whole personality."  She says and I turn around.

Clearly, she meant something by that, right?

Standing in front of her with the dress I had chosen, I narrow my eyebrows, "And what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

She stands up as well. "You're always talking about her. I love Fiona, but damn can we have a normal conversation without her being brought up."

I clench my fists and stand closer. I was taller than her, so I had to look down. "Look bitch-"

Valentina stands up and tries to get in between Audrey and I.

"Girls, let's calm down alright? It's all about having fun tonight."

Audrey rolls her eyes, "I don't remember talking to you." She snaps, feeling bold.

What the hell crawled up her ass tonight?

Val looks at Audrey in shock and begins to tie her hair up. "I'm not the one bitch we can go right fucking n-"

"Hey, hey, hey, why are we fighting?" I turn and see Lily walking in with Fiona. "I thought you guys were going out. I even have my volleyball dress on."

The anger starts to leave my body and is replaced with amusement when I see Lily's 'Volleyball dress'. It is a bright yellow dress with flowers all over.

"Oh, Lily." Val facepalms. With one last glare at Audrey, she walks to Lily and Fiona and leads them out of my room.

I decided not to act on Audrey's behavior, figuring she was just going through something. After a while, she leaves and I am left alone in my room to change.

I had chosen a simple dark green, thigh length dress. I figured I wasn't going to do much at the club. Maybe one drink, dance for about thirty minutes and then come home. Besides, I wasn't in the mood to anything more than that.

Once I am finished dressing and applying my makeup I join them in the living room. Before I can say anything, they all begin to cheer and I smile.

"Oh stop." I turn around from them, trying to act nonchalant.

"Mama, you look beautiful!"

"Stunning, girl!" Val says

"Gorgeous." Compliments Audrey.

"You are an absolute princess." Says Lily.

"Thank you guys." I reply, picking my purse up from the counter as Val and Audrey get up and begin walking to the door.

We say our goodbyes to Fiona and Lily and soon we are on our way to the club. As Audrey drives, I give myself a pep talk.

Don't go overboard, Diana. A drink, dance for a while and come straight home. And whatever you do, don't call your ex!

I was a lightweight, so I had to limit myself to only one drink and every time I got drunk I would text or call my ex or some of the guys I knew which never ended well.