19. My treat

Dante

I have taken everyone else home and given Diana a pain pill along with water and. It's been about three hours since she fell asleep on my bed and now I was sitting on my chair on the balcony at three in the morning.

There was a mixture of anger and jealousy racing through my body as I stared at the railing, and I didn't like it at all.

All of those desperate dudes that had probably been staring at her all night waiting to make their move on her had my blood boiling.

I'm glad her friend, Lilah or Lily, whichever her name was, had called me before that fuckface could do anything to her.

I hear footsteps approach and assume it is Diana finally waking up.

Wearing one of my dress shirts, she sits in a chair next to me. Even though I was irritated with her, she still looked gorgeous. Especially wearing my shirt. If not better.

"Thank you." She says after a while of silence.

When I brought her in, she woke up and had started to throw up. Thankfully, she was able to make it to the bathroom but got most of it on the shirt I was wearing and bathroom rug.

"You owe me a new shirt and rug." I say, getting up.

I hear her follow behind me. "Looks like my vomit had a little field trip, huh?" She jokes as she shuts the balcony door.

I turn around. "You think this shit is funny?"

"A little." She admits

I scoff and begin walking back to the kitchen.

"Look, I'll buy you some more shirts and rugs. It's not that serious."

"It's not about the fucking rug or the shirt, Diana."

"Then what is it? Why are you getting so upset?"

"Do you know how reckless you were tonight? You almost died, Diana! Does that not matter to you at all?"

"Oh please, he was a measly fifteen-year-old at the most. What could he have done?" She replies, rolling her eyes as she leaned on the kitchen counter.

I stand in front of the fridge and fold my arms. "And what if he had done something? What if he had? Would it have been funny then?"

"It wouldn't happen because I would have defended myself. Which is exactly why I didn't need your help in the first place. I can handle myself."

"You didn't need my help? Diana, you were nearly blackout drunk and had a small taser. How could you have defended yourself? I had to protect you."

"No. I could have handled myself perfectly fine. You act as if I'm some helpless little puppet. "

I can tell she is starting to get mad. She had stood up and was tapping the side of her leg like crazy.

"Cut the bullshit, Diana. You are so fucking stubborn you will sit here and tell me you could have defended yourself in that situation just to be right. You're so damn childish sometimes."

Her mouth flies open, and she steps closer. "Me childish? Me childish, Dante? Says the guy that literally acts like a sixteen-year-old half the time."

"That's not true." I reply, growing more angry.

"And let's not forget; every time you get frustrated or sad, instead of talking to someone and actually telling them, you know what you do? You distance yourself. "

I clench my jaw and decide not to reply. I didn't want to say something I would regret later on.

"Well, you know what, Dante? In the real world, with the real adults, we communicate with each other and actually try to work things out. But you wouldn't know about that now, would you? No, no, that's for the big kids, little Dante."