EPILOGUE

Narcissa hummed as she pulled a section of Aria's hair back and clipped it to her head, brushing out the strands that hung loose.

She turned Aria around to face her and smiled lovingly. "You look beautiful." Narcissa appeared as if she may cry.

"Thank you," Aria breathed as she took in her white dress from the mirror in front of her. The top was bejeweled in clear gems that shimmered in the sunlight. The bodice had tiny hidden patterns decorating it. The gown itself flowed so perfectly towards the floor, stopping just before touching it. Her veil was of a thin fabric, the bottom decorated in tiny green crystals, much to Narcissa's liking as it represented the Malfoy family well, she had said.

Aria tried very hard to contain her tears, staring up at the ceiling.

"Is something the matter?"

"I'm just..." she waved her hands up and down frantically, "So happy."

Her son began to cry from his cradle near the end of the room, Narcissa hurried to reach him and lifted him from his crib. Tommie Severus Malfoy yawned, revealing three dazzling teeth and even more dazzling hazel eyes when they eventually did open and landed right on his mom. He reached for her and Narcissa brought him over, keeping him at arm's distance so that he wouldn't mess up the dress.

"Hello, my love." Aria cooed, grabbing onto his little fingers and allowing him to wrap his hand around her index finger. His hair has grown quite significantly and now was adorned in small strands of platinum blond.

Narcissa set Tommie down and let him crawl about. Sometimes time felt as if it were going too fast, just one year ago she had been stuck in that Great Hall, fearing Draco was dead and having to endure the pain of giving birth after her father had just died in her arms.

Aria looked in the mirror again, reminding herself that it was all real. Her glorious life and what it had become was all real.

Today was her wedding day. And she could not be happier.

Aria's father's ashes stayed in a small wooden box, his name on the top in small golden letters. Lucius walked her down the aisle, holding the box in one hand and her hand in the other.

Draco stared at her as she walked in a suit of pure white with a red rose poking out from his pocket. Her hair too was adorned with small roses.

Narcissa stood beside Aria, her son in her arms as the two said their vows, claiming to love each other for eternity before they kissed and applause erupted from the guests.

Everything in the past years seemed trivial, all those tiny moments that led up to this: the climax of her life. The happiest she had ever been with the people she cared about most.

She looked around the room as Draco led her to the seven-tier emerald wedding cake with two small figures on the top, one that resembled Aria, the other one similar to Draco, holding hands.

"I love you," Draco whispered, leaning in to kiss his new bride. "Always."

Aria leaned into the kiss, repeating his confession of love, "Always."