The house

"He looks dead" Michael mutters to me.
We all stand around grandpa who lays completely still on the porch ground.

"He's just a deep sleeper" Mom quickly assures us after overhearing Michael. Wrapping an arm around me, she forces a smile.

"He's not breathing, mom." Michael tells her after examining him. Mom seems to grow weary at the thought. Letting go of me, she reaches down to feel his pulse. Sam wraps an arm around my neck and a smirk.

"Say, if he's dead can we move back to Phoenix?" Michael wacks him over the head as soon as the words leave his mouth.

"Sam I ought to-"

"Playin' dead... and from what I heard, doin; a damn good job of it, too" Michael, Sam and I exchange weird looks as mom helps grandpa up bring him into a hug.

"Oh Dad!" Mom laughs

"You three go on inside and pick out your rooms. The three rooms on the second floor." Grandpa tells us motioning to the house. Grabbing a few things from the car we head into the old house.

" Looks like something right out of the chain saw massacre. Glad we spent ten hours in the car for this." Sam deadpans,

"Aw lay off Sam" I tell him quietly

"Yeah, will you give mom a break?" Sam frowns at Mike before he mutters a 'whatever'.

Heading into the kitchen I place my box of cassettes on the kitchen table. Taking a look around the old house my eyes land on a photo. It was a picture on the fridge. The photo was of an old carousel and a little girl. The eerie feeling returned the more I stared at the photo. Was that me? No it couldn't be I don't remember ever coming here, yet it looks so...familiar. Walking over to the picture I notice four teen boys. I swore they weren't there before! The four of them stand by the little girl.

"Are you lost sweetheart?"

A hand hits my shoulder making me jump. The eerie feeling disappears again as I turn my attention to my twin.

"Grandpa does not own a T.V. Have you noticed? There's no T.V. Santa Carla had no malls, no cineplex and now I won't even have MTV. I will not know anything hip happening." Sam rants

"Hey, Sam we're flat broke." Michael whacks Sam upside the head before walking away.

"Even poor people have T.Vs" Sam mutters

"Aw cheer up Sammy boy! Could be fun having beach and boardwalk in our backyard."

"Emma, two things bring me joy. My life back in Phoenix, and my comics. Who knows if they have a comic book store here!"

"Fine go on and mope. I'm going to get the biggest room!" I snicker before sprinting towards the stairs. Sam quickly follows yelling at me to slow down. Running into the first room I see, I quickly lock the door.

"Emma you little shit!" Sam yells from the other side. Laughing I stand in front of the door.

"I call this room! You gotta find another one." After a few minutes he mutters a small fine before walking away. Moving away from the door I look down to see I was still holding the picture. Wait, when did I pick it up? Looking back up at the room I finally get a good look at it. It was quite small, but I never minded living in small spaces. One window, a lamp on a bedside table, and a old bed fill the empty room. Sighing I place the photo down on the bed side table I make my way to the window. Every step I take is quickly followed with a creak. Moving the the light blue curtains away, I take a look outside. Grandpa stands outside looking at the U-haul. Odd man...