The Purple Saddled Pony

"Emma!" A voice shouts from behind me, turning around I see Laddie and an older man with him

"Emma!" A voice shouts from behind me, turning around I see Laddie and an older man with him. One of the four mysterious men that I saw yesterday actually. He had long brown hair with a jacket and no shirt. I didn't realize that I was staring at him until we made eye contact. He raised his eyebrow with a smirk. Looking away I looked at Laddie who was holding the man's hand.

"Hey Laddie, it's good to see you again!"

"Were you headed towards the carousel?" he asks me while giving me a big smile

"Were you headed towards the carousel?" he asks me while giving me a big smile. Nodding I glance at the man with him again. He was staring directly at me with an intimidating stare that would make anyone uncomfortable. Looking down at my feet I kick a few rocks around while glancing up every now and then. "Oh! Emma, this is my big brother Dwayne! Dwayne, this is Emma."

"And so it is," He hums in a smooth voice

"Uh it's nice to meet you Dwayne..." I stutter out, putting my hand out for him to shake. Looking up at him.

"oh, you have no idea," I hear a his voice say but his mouth didn't move at all

"Pardon?" I ask in confusion

"I didn't say anything, but uh it's nice to meet you Emma." He chuckles, taking my hand with a firm grip. Not to be a creep but he had some nice hands. They were hella smooth. Man had to use a gallon of lotion to keep them that smooth. "You gonna let go of my hand?" he smirks while looking between our hands and my face.

"Ha yeah sorry about that. I get lost in thought easily." I laugh nervously, letting his hand go and looking at Laddie. "Ahem, so Laddie are you headed to the carousel as well?"

"Yeah Dwayne promised to take me on it, and since you said you were going on we should go together!" Laddie suggest in excitement

"Oh I don't know about that Laddie. I don't want to interfere with your time together." I say softly not wanting to say no and hurt his feelings.

"You wouldn't, it would be fun to have you come along, it would give me a chance to get to know more about you. Especially since you have become so close with my little brother and my sister." Dwayne buds in while looking at me with that intense stare again. It's hard to respond under that stare, especially since it makes me feel so much smaller than I actually am. Like he was asking a child a question, and just like a child I couldn't keep still under his gaze.

"I guess we can go together then," I mutter out making them both smile

"Let's go!" Laddie yells before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the line on the carousel. Dwayne follows us in silence, watching as we both climb up the stairs. Walking onto the carousel Laddie finds a seat and I glance around for my own. My eyes fall on a purple saddled gray horse. I felt drawn to it as I walked towards it, it looked so familiar almost as if I had seen this horse once before. In a dream... yes that's where it was from. Once in a dream I saw a horse like this and I felt drawn to it just as much as I do now.

"Oh course you would go for this one." Dwayne says to me, I stop walking to look at him. He stands by the horse with a slight smile. "Actually not many people like to ride this horse, this one tends to be where the Lost Boys hang out. You should know that though little sister, don't tell me you forgot." There it was again little sister and yet his lips didn't move at all when he said it. I felt like I was going crazy.

"Lost boys? Who are the lost boys?" I ask him in confusion

"Who are they? You'll find that out on your own. I'm sure you'll start to hear warnings about them. You don't have to fear them though," He laughed almost like it was a joke and made me get an uneasy feeling in my stomach. "Take it as you please, but I'll assure you that the lost boys would never hurt someone like you." Before I could respond he grabbed me by my waist and lifted me onto the horse with a slight smile. The ride starts and I look beside me to see Laddie on the horse next to mine, Dwayne didn't bother to grab his own seat since he hung on the purple saddled horse. I couldn't enjoy the ride as much because of that though. When the ride came to a stop I quickly jumped off and got off the ride as quick as I could.

 When the ride came to a stop I quickly jumped off and got off the ride as quick as I could

"Emma, wait up!" Laddie yells trying to keep up with me. I didn't notice that Dwayne was able to keep up with me without breaking a sweat. He wasn't even walking as fast as he could.

"Emma, why did you get off like that?" Dwayne asked me grabbing my arm lightly

"Sorry I just uh I don't know I needed some air." I lie

"You know lies don't sound good coming from you. You out of all people should know better about this though. I was just trying to help you. Was it wrong of me to do that? hm?"

"No, I'm sorry for just walking off." I reply with a guilty look

"That's okay, just don't do it again. You shouldnt wander off alone especially without telling anyone before you go." He scolds, making me even more guilty. I barely know him and he is scolding me like a child. Maybe I shouldn't have run off because I was a little freaked out. He is probably saying this because he wants me to stay away from those bad people. Maybe the whole reason he told me the story about the horse was because it was fake. People here would probably try to use it to scare me off. Yet, that doesn't explain why that horse was in my dreams. "Let's just let this go and have fun, we can all go get some ice cream before we call it a day." Dwayne tells me. Nodding, I follow him and Laddie.
I noticed how they both seemed to be watching me. Both pull me back towards them when I get distracted by another part of the boardwalk. As we walked towards the exit of the boardwalk I noticed the other three guys.

"Come on Emma, I think it's time you meet my friends."

Hope everyone is having an amazing day! ❤❤❤❤