Sam's friends

“Monsters? What do you mean Mike?” 

“Emma, I wish I could explain it to you. I really do but only they can.” He tells me with a defeated look.

“Michael stop being so vague, who is ‘they’?” 

“The lost boys, you know David, Dwayne, Marko, and Paul. The boys you've obviously gotten close to in the last couple of days.” He scoffs. That's who he was talking about? What the hell do they have to do with this? “You were with them last night, don't you remember?” He tells me, making my eyes go wide, yeah I was. They took me to that Chinese restaurant and took me back to the cave… but everything else is really blurry. I can't seem to recall how I ended up with them or what happened when we got to the cave, but at least I remembered a little bit about what happened.

“I remember going out for food with them, but everything else just seems like a blur.” I tell him before looking up, “Did they do something to us?” 

“I don't know Emma, but I'm going to find out tonight. I'll find Star and figure everything out, okay? No telling mom either, look I made Sam promise me last night that he wouldn't tell anyone about what was happening either.”

“So Sam knows?” I ask, starting to understand why Sam was up so late last night, and why he was so willing to stay in my room with me last night.

“Remember what I said about almost attacking him, yeah well the only reason I didn't was because Nanook stopped me. She fucking attacked me when I came into the bathroom where he was taking a bath. He said something about me being a creature of the night.”

“Like a vampire…” I whisper 

“Yeah Emma, hell last night I was flying man. Whatever they gave us was not just some regular drink. It was something that is somehow changing us into these- well you know.”

“So youre saying that we may or may not be vampires-”

“Creatures of the night” 

“Same thing,” I scoff before continuing, “But youre saying whatever we are turning into is what the lost boys and possibly Star and Laddie are.” 

“Possibly.” 

“That's impossible…” I mutter to myself 
“I thought it was impossible as well, but maybe the things we once believed to be impossible were possible the whole time. We just overlooked it in fear of something that none of us know how to stop.” Michael states.

“I don't like this Mike,” I tell him quietly, 

“Me neither, but the only way to find this out is going to talk to Star. She was the one who tried to stop me from drinking the stuff in the first place. It is obvious that she didn't want this to happen to us.” Nodding, I think back to the first night that I stayed in the cave, she kicked me out of the cave as if she wanted to help me escape something she couldn't. 

“Yeah, now that I think about it she tried her best to keep me away from Daivd after the first time we went to the cave.” I tell him

“Yeah, well I'll figure it out, but for now stick with Sam and his friends until I figure this all out.” He tells me before placing his hand on my shoulder, “and Emma, whatever you do stay away from the lost boys.”  

“Sure Mike,” I say not really sure how to respond

“I'll tell Sam that you're like me-”

“Dont!” I shout, “He doesn't have to know yet, please Mike.” I didn't want Sam to see me any different. I also wasn't even sure if what happened to Mike was happening to me, though he seemed quite sure about it.