Blood Brothers

"Who wants to live forever..."

"Emma, Emma, wake up." I hear a hushed voice whisper shout while shaking me roughly.

"Hm?" I mumble while turning away from him only to hit another body.

"Emma, wake up," Another voice chuckles in a gruff voice. Opening my eyes I see Alan looking at me with an amused look. Drawing my eyebrows together, I notice Sam on the other side of me and Edgar laying next to Alan. It was the same bed from the last time I stayed in the cave with the curtains surrounding it.

"What happened?" I ask, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes

"Heh, you tell me," Edgar scoffs before staring at the covers on the bed. Alan hits his shoulder before turning to me with a smile.

"We're not sure, but we'll figure it out, okay." He assures me with a gentle smile before wrapping his arm around me.

"Aye watch it buddy that's my sister." Sam growls at Alan, rolling my eyes. I pull his arm away and stand up.

"What time is it anyway?" I asks stretching my cramped muscles

"Holy shit it's 7:30." Alan tells me with a shocked expression

"In the morning?" I ask

"No love, I think he means at night..." Edgar mutters with a worried look, probably wondering who was attending to the store while they were gone. Or maybe about something else...

"Oh... Well maybe we should start to head home." Sam suggests while running his hand though his hair.

"Maybe, but wouldn't that get the boys upset because we left without saying goodbye or anything." I trail off while playing with my fingers.

"Though that may be true, we have a store that we have to run. You and I both know that if we don't do it no one will." Edgar points out

"Yeah I know but-" I was cut off by the sound of cheering and laughing coming from the other side of the cave. We could all instantly identify the voices as the lost boys as they made their way towards up. The first person to get to us was Laddie who jumped onto the bed to wrap an arm around my neck.

"Emma! I missed you!" He giggles as he kisses my cheek

"Hey little dude, it has been a hot second." I laugh while ruffling his hair, turning he looks at all the boys and instantly smiles.

"I'm Laddie! Who are you?" He asks

"Im Sam, Emma's older twin brother, and that's Alan and Edgar. It's nice to meet you Laddie." Sam smiles at him.

"Ohhhh nice to meet you too! I guess you're my younger brother as well!" He laughs as Sam looks at me with a raised eyebrow. I simply shrug with an amused smile, before turning to the other four watching us.

"Hey David," Edgar greets him and David gives a small nod as a hello.

"How did you guys sleep?" Dwayne asks

"Oh uh fine, we slept fine... Actually I can't even remember what happened yesterday after we got to the cave and ate the chinese food." Edgar explains

"Hmm you guys were very tired," David responds thoughtfully. I remember they drank that drink they gave me. "What about you Emma, did you sleep well? Now that you have your brothers to protect you from the monster." My eyes widened slightly when he spoke the last part in my head there it was again brothers....

"Oh uh yeah...fine." I mutter out while staring at the floor. A hand grabs my chin before making me look at David.

"I thought we went over this before love, you look at people when they talk to you." David sternly reminds me. I meekly nod and say a small sorry before turning to look at the three boys talking to the other lost boys. Laddie still stands on the bed with his arms around me while looking around the room,

"You should have told me you had nightmares silly! I would have slept with you and kept you safe." Laddie tells me

"Oh uh I'll remember that for next time Laddie thanks." I tell him with a slight smile

"Promise?" he asks

"Yeah I promise Laddie." I laugh

"You pinky promise?" Letting go of me he puts his pinky out with big innocent puppy eyes. How could I say no to that look?

"Okay Laddie, my pinky promises." I laugh, before wrapping my pinky around his making him grin.

"Hey Emma, you never told me you had nightmares... is that why you asked me to stay with you the other night. No that wasn't the reason...but it's not like I could tell him that, not now at least.

"Oh uh yeah... you know I watched a horror movie the other night and it really freaked me out so I didn't want to be alone." I lie

"Oh well no more horror movies," Edgar laughs while lightly shoving me

"Well this has been fun and all, but we should be heading back to the comic book store before our parents think we are dead." Alan jokes

"Oh gosh you're right we missed a whole day's worth of sales. I don't know what got into me, I usually don't sleep in that late." Edgar says

"Well it's the way we roll around here, sleep all day, party all night." Paul snickers

"Sounds like an interesting life choice," Sam scoffs

" I wouldn't say a choice as much as given my dear brother." Marko replies

"Brother?"

"Yes brother, you boys are one of us now," David tells them, "Don't you want to have more brothers so you won't be alone?" Dwayne asks, "Brothers who wouldn't ditch you for a girl, or brothers who could help you with enjoying your life instead of tending to a comic book store all your life?" Oh course they were laying this on thick like they always do, but I knew their words were nothing but the truth.

"I-" Edgar goes to respond but stops not knowing what to say. David chuckles before looking him in the eye.

"It's alright Edgar, we know this is new and a tad scary but you'll understand soon enough. Come, I think it's time to show you guys something. Believe me you see what we have planned for tonight, you'll just die."