Dwayne's friends

"Uh Dwayne, my brothers will be looking for me. I should probably go find them." I quietly say, not wanting to meet his friends. Not trying to be rude or anything, but they just intimidate me. I turned to go the other way only to be stopped by Dwayne who appeared right in front of me.

"Don't worry about your brothers. We'll find them later, besides my friends have been curious about you as well. You wouldn't want to disappoint, would you?" biting my lip I glance around nervously. Not noticing his smile widening as I start to give in, I sigh.

"Well... um okay I guess." I sigh as Laddie smiles and claps his hands out of excitement making me smile. While we were walking outside of the boardwalk I noticed the three other guys on the bikes in a line. They seemed oblivious to us walking towards them which made me slightly relieved. Scanning the crowd I look for Sam or Michael, if I saw them it would be the perfect escape card. No one would be hurt that way. My heart drops when all three of them look at us. Their stares were terrifying. Each had a different look but had matching gleams of danger in their eyes. It seemed so familiar.

"Dwayne who is this" The one with bleach blonde hair questions, his icy blue eyes cut into mine making me even more nervous.

"Emma, she is the one who Laddie and Star told us about." The way Dwayne said my name made the blonde raise an eyebrow. He said it almost as if it was a code of some sorts, which made me feel uneasy. Staring at the ground I hear David say,

"So it is. Hello Emma, I'm David. This is Paul and Marko."

"Oh uh hey..." I quickly reply

"It's rude not to look at people who are talking to you," He scolds with a frown, glancing up I meet his eyes again. Smiling, he proudly sits up while nodding towards the other two men staring at me. Turning to look at them they both smile at me.

 Turning to look at them they both smile at me

"Hi Emma, I'm Marko." The curly hair man tells me while wiggling his fingers at me in a greeting.

"I'm Paul sweetie. It's good to see you. You've grown up so much." He says but just like Dwayne the last part was in my head. His lips didn't move at all making my eyes widen, I must be going mad.

"Oh uh well it was nice to meet you guys, but I think I have to uh go" I stutter out, finding it harder to get words out of my mouth.

"So soon?" David questions with a slight smirk.

"The party was just getting started, love," Marko snickers while hitting his handlebar on his bike and leaning forward.

"I have to go to my brothers," I lie, truthfully I didn't want to find them. Michael would give me an earful for having a fight with mom, and Sam would be pissed that I stood him and his friends up. Unfortunately they all seemed to see right through my lies.

"Brothers huh? Well isn't that funny. Your older brother seems to be with our sister Star." David chuckles while looking past me. Turning around I see Michael and Star headed towards the exit of the boardwalk.