The Beginning of the End

"Grandpa, where are we going?" I ask as Sam grips my hand tightly making sure I didn't walk too much ahead of them.

"To visit Grandma." He grumbles out gripping the flowers in his hands tightly.

"We have a grandma?" I asked not being able to recall meeting the person who was called grandma before in our time of being here.

"You did have one..." He mutters quietly before he looks around the trail, "You see those stones?" He asks Sam and I which we both nod in response. "Those are the homes of people who have finally settled into their final resting place. Well most of them are."

"What do you mean most of them?" Sam asks curiously

"Well to put it bluntly, If all the corpses buried around here were to stand up all at once, we'd have one hell of a population problem." Grandpa chuckles before making his way off the gravel path we were on to the grass where the stones were. Each had names of people who grandpa said made it to their finally resting place.

"You mean like zombies?" Sam giggles while lightly tugging my left pigtail with his hand that was not occupied with mine. Glaring at him I look between Sam and Grandpa.

"Zombies aren't real Sam. You're just trying to make me mad and scared." I huff as grandpa laughs and pats my head.

"Zombies might not be but I wouldn't say the same about vampires." Grandpa trails off before stopping at a large stone. "Here we are! This is your grandma's grave!" Grandpa cheers with a little to much enthusiasm if you asked me.

"You brought us here to see a stone?" I ask in confusion. Was Grandma a literal stone? Man I knew Grandpa was a little off his rockers but I didn't think he was this bad.

"Not just any stone my dear it's called a headstone. This is your Grandmother's final resting place and one day I'll join her here." He tells us

"So why did you bring us here?" Sam asks him

"Because I wanted you guys to see that you had a Grandmother. I bet she is watching us now... She must be so happy to see her grandchildren." Grandpa tells us with a smile before muttering to himself "Besides, we needed to make sure she was still here."

"So what if grandma came back from the dead? Would you still love her?" Sam questions

"No." Grandpa speaks timidly, "The undead have no desire for love or emotions; they are selfish creatures who take joy in others' pain. Those things don't do things unless it is beneficial to them. Even then it would be like you were making the deal with the devil."

"So... If one of us came from the dead what would you do?"

"Finish the job... Stake em. It would be a fast death and everyone would go back to where they belong." The dark gleam in Grandpa's eyes was enough to make a shiver go down my spine as I moved behind Sam.

"That wouldn't happen to us Sam right? I don't wanna be staked." I whimper out

"No, I would never let that happen to you. I promise. Even if you came back from the dead I would protect you till the end of time."

"Promise?" I ask quietly

"Yeah, I promise."

"Cross your heart?"

"Yeah," Sam chuckles with an amused twinkle in his eyes, "I cross my heart and hope to die." Sam draws a cross out and smiles at me.

"We'll alway stick together right Sammy?" I giggle in amusement

"Sure will! Us twins will stick together. Through everything."

The motorcycles come to a stop in front of an all too familiar area on the beach that I could recall going to when I was little. It was when I had nearly caught the boys in the act of devouring those poor innocent people. The only thing between the bloody scene and me was the curly haired vampire that wore his usual cheshire cat smile. I should have caught on sooner... That was blood on his cheek. The sound of cheering and music came to our ears as we got off the bike I started to feel deja vu . The anxious feeling began to rise through me like the time it did on the day I lost Sam. It sounded just like I remembered it to sound. The sound of fearless cheers of the drunken people as they were oblivious to the monsters lurking in the dark. They were the prey, and we were the predators.

"It'll be okay," Michael whispers to me while rubbing my shoulders. Shaking my head I back into Star who gives me a sadden smile.

"You wont feel like you are killing Em, it will feel good." She tells me. Lies. I don't wanna turn. I don't want to live forever... I just wanna stay as Emma, the twin of Sam Ermerson who follows him and Mike around like their little shadow.

"Don't speak like that my little lamb." Dwayne growls out a warning

"It was meant to be, and you WILL turn. We can lose you baby. Not after we just got you back." Marko tells me

"But-"

"You'll like it, just imagine it. Your big brothers and sister are there to always take care of you and play with you. You'll never be alone again. You'll never have to worry about relationships or parents because we'll be the ones you'll have to listen to." Paul tells me

"But I-" I try again only to be cut off by David

"No more stalling. Come on darling, it's time." Gulping I watched as the six of them made their way closer to the party.

"Ready sis?" Michael asks me. No. That's what I wanted to say but the thought of being without them made me sad. So what was the right choice? I wasn't even sure at this point. I want to hate them for taking away the things I've once dreamed about like growing up, and yet at the same time it makes me happy to know that someone would be there now. Someone would finally be there to listen to me. I'll have Sam, Edgar, Alan, Laddie, Michael, Star and the four lost boys with me.

"As ready as I'll ever be..." I stutter out.

"Seems like we came at the perfect time." A voice chuckled darkly from behind us. Shit.

"Language." Paul scolds me before glaring at the couple in front of us. Max and mom stood behind us hand in hand. Max was looking directly at David

"We didn't get an invite to this little initiation. As a matter of fact you didn't even think to ask her parents if they were okay with this." Max smirks

"Fuck off Max." David growls out just loud enough to be heard over the loud music. "She is OUR MATE. You two won't lay a goddamn finger on her."

"She is my daughter-"

"You had a chance to be her mother. Yet you failed at doing that. The day she ran into us was the day that she was no longer yours. She's ours, and we're hers. Sam, Edgar, Alan, Mickey, Star, Laddie, and Emma all belong to us as we belong to them. They are our family. Not yours and sure as hell not Maxs." Marko glares at Mom before looking at Michael.

"What do you think Michael?"

"I think that you should leave Lucy. This is a private thing. That YOU two are NOT welcome to." Michael growls, "Leave before things get more bloody than they need to be."

Feel free to comment!!! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter 💜💜 Also thank you for all the views and votes! I never knew that so many people would read my story, so thank you! Have a great day 🥰