Lost little girl

"Mommy mommy I wanna go on that ride!" I shout excitedly while pointing to the bright ride. Memorized by its colors, I watch in awe as it slowly spun around. Horses and benches were places throughout it, where little kids sat. One horse seemed to stand out to me more than the rest. A gray horse with a purple pole and saddle spun around all by its self.

"Maybe later sweetheart, We have to wait for Sam and Michael to finish up at the comic store." She tells me with a stern look. Pouting, I watch as the ride comes to a stop and the people start to get off.

"Mommy! They are getting off so we can get on!" I tug on her sleeve while pointing at the ride.

"Emma for the last time I'll take you on the carousel later." Frowning I cross my arms,

"Its my birthday too! I big girl and should be able to go on. I'm six not five anymore Mommy." I state with a determined look. Mom opened her mouth to respond when she heard crying. Sam runs out of the comic book store holding his head.

"Sam, baby what happened?" She asks letting go of my hand to pick Sam up. Michael came out a few seconds after with a worried look.

"Sam why'd you run out like that? I turn my back on you for a second, and you disappear-" stopping he realizes that Sam was crying. "Sammy what happened?" Turning away from them I notice the people still getting off of the ride.
Being yet again memorized by the dancing lights, I start to walk towards it. The music and lights slowly lured me to the rides gate, and before I knew it I was climbing the steps onto the ride. Making my way through people I head towards the purple saddled horse. While running towards the horse I tripped on my feet making me fall forward into someone. I feel the person in front of me grab me by my arms.

"Careful sweetheart," The person in front of me says with a chuckle. Looking up I see a man with long dark brown hair.

"Are you lost sweetheart?" A man next to him asks me, crouching down. He had long curly hair and a jacket full of patches. Was I lost? Realization hits me that I had no idea where my Mommy was. Tears filled my eye as I looked around for her. The man with dark brown hair quickly picks me up.

"Shhhh its okay sweetheart. Why dont you tell us your name," he says while rubbing my back.

"Em-Emma" I tell him rubbing my eyes. More tears start to fall which makes him frown.

"Don't cry Emma... I'm Dwayne, and the curly hair guy is Marko. Oh and there is Paul " He introduced before hiking me up higher on his side. As a man with long blonde messy hair joins the two.

"Who is this?" He asks

"Emma, she ran into me while getting on the ride." Dwayne replied with a smile.

"I see, what were you doing alone? Santa Carla is a dangerous place for little girls like you." Paul asks me, reaching his hand out to wipe a tear that fell from my eyes.

"I'm six today! So I'm a big girl, but I dont know where Mommy is...I just wanted to ride the cute horsey " I whimper out. Paul's smile widens as he takes me from Dwayne.

"It's your birthday? Happy birthday babe, how about we celebrate!" he tells me

"But Mommy-"

"Wouldn't want you to not enjoy your birthday. Dont you want to celebrate your birthday with your new friends? After we'll find your Mommy." Marko says