Max and The Lost Boys

Making our way through the ridiculously crowded boardwalk, I was glued between Dwayne and Paul as we made our way to the all too familiar Carousel. Where everything started… Sam and Michael decided to have some bonding time after their little talk leaving Alan, Edgar and I with the lost boys, Star and Laddie. I nervously chew on my bottom lip as I glance around the boardwalk. So many new scents were brought to my attention as we made our way through the crowds. A sickly sweet smell, that smelled way too close to the smell of the blood in the bottle, made its way to us as each person walked by. It made me feel sick the way my body seemed to yearn for just a taste of one… just one of those people who passed us.

“Don't do that love bug,”  Paul sternly says, pulling my now torn open lip away from my teeth. Looking at him I nod as Marko gives me a sympathetic look,

“Hey I know it's hard for you guys to be out here, but you have to learn to restrain yourself in order to come outside. It really does hurt us to see our little lamb having so much trouble being out here.”

“Of course once you feed you will feel a lot more… comfortable about being out here.” David speaks before giving us all a smirk, “Unless you are ready to join us. Don't they smell good, baby?” He asked me. Shaking my head I look down as Edgar grabs my hand from behind and squeezes it.

“So where are we headed anyway?” Edgar questions obviously not wanting to hear or even think about feeding right now.

“The carousel.” David tells him 

“Seriously? The carousel.” Edgar scoffs in disbelief

“Isn't that for little kids…” Alan mutters 

“Arent comics for little kids?” Marko teases 

“No! They are for men… who have a interest in-”

“Super heroes” Paul laughs

“Shut up, they are for all ages.” Edgar huffs

“Hey I read comics too Paul!” Laddie pouts, which makes Star laugh 

“Sure they are,” Paul laughs, completely ignoring Laddie's comment only wanting to get under Alan and Edgars skin.

“They are.” Edgar grumbles 

“And so are carousels.” David chuckles as Paul shoves Edgar in a playful manner, which Edgar quickly does back. Alan and Marko watch with slight amusement as we the two begin to attack each other as made our way onto the ride. 

“You guys are so childish.” Dwayne sighs while rubbing his head in annoyance as Paul bumps into him while laughing.

“Awe come on, we were just trying to have a little fun big D.” Paul snickers and Edgar cracks a slight smile and nods in agreal to what Paul said.

“Yeah well maybe you try to have fun way too much fun,” Dwayne scoffs 

“Oh don't be like that big ole D, you know that life isn't worth living without a little of fun, besides you looked quite amused watching us.” Paul accuses him all while using dramatic gestures with his hands before dramatically collapsing onto Edgars shoulders. “You see what I have to put up with everyday? He's breaking my heart Edgar, truly he is.”

“Grow up.” Dwayne rolls his eyes

“You really are cold D, you truly are. Here I thought you and I were family.” Paul nags at Dwayne, which only leads to another eye roll.

“Have you no shame Dwayne? Look what you've done to poor old Paul here,” Marko teases, making Alan laugh. It's funny how quickly the mood has changed from when we were at the cave to now. It was like none of that happened, like Edgar, Alan, and Sam never tried to kill them…

      As we made our way towards the horse with the purple pole and saddle I noticed that David had wrapped his arm around my waist tightly. Looking at him with a questioning look I notice that his eyes were on an all too familiar face. Max stands by the exit of the carousel with Michael and Sam who are looking at us with anxious looks. Everyones once playful mood had vanished like sugar in water when they saw them. 

“The hell does Max want now.” Paul groans as he releases Edgar from his death grip.

“Not sure, but it has to be important if Max came out of his to find us on the boardwalk.” Dwayne speaks. David's eyes seemed to have a brooding look as we made our way towards the exit of the ride. Guess we weren't going to visit the purple saddled horse after all.

“David, isn't it funny how we ended up running into the boys on the way to the shop.” Max smiles with his calculating eyes on David. 

“I wouldn't consider you looking for us as a coincidental run in.” David speaks after a minute. 

“Ah you were always good at reading people Daivd. You're right it isn't a coincidence, I was looking for your little group. Lucy was hoping that we could all have a family meeting about the past few nights.” 

“We're quite busy tonight Max.” David grumbles while pushing me slightly behind him as Maxs eyes fall onto me.

“Oh hello Emma! How are you? Hm?” Max asks, completely ignoring the boys around us.

“Uh… good I guess, how are you?” I stutter out quietly 

“Oh I'm fine, just fine. Well I have to say you missy have very good manners. The boys must have taught you well.” Max chuckles before Dwayne wraps his arm around me letting a growl out. 

“She's ours.” David speaks harshly while looking at me with a loving expression. Max clears his throat before nodding slightly at David.

“I am aware, but do remember she is MY daughter now, as are Michael and Sam MY sons.” Max replies in a bittersweet tone. As David lets a growl out, 

“They are OURS Max, they are nothing to you. You hear me? They are a part of us, not you and not Lucy… well not Lucy anymore. They don't need her anymore,”

“Daivd they do-”

“ No, they will be perfectly fine without you and her. They have us now, their true family.”  Sam and Michael look at me with uncomfortable gazes as they watch the tension between the lost boys and Max grow. Max looks shocked at David's words, but quickly covers it up as he clears his voice again.

“Alright, alright enough. I'm not taking them away from you, though I have to say Lucy won't be too happy about this.”

“Look Max, you can tell Lucy that we cant drop everything because she wants us to. I get that she is special to you, but so are Michael, Sam, Alan, Edgar, and Emma to us. If you don't mind we have to go back to OUR home. Our family has had quite enough fun for one day, especially since you decide to spoil it. Just remember Max, we made up our debt to you by getting you Lucy… we don't owe you anything anymore, so you can’t control us anymore.” David speaks with nothing but venom. 

Sorry it took so long to update! Feel free to comment 😊

Have a great weekend!!!