We're Turning into Monsters

"You can't catch me!" I giggle running through the cave. The tall messy hair blonde only responds with a chuckle as he follows closely behind.

"Emma be careful," Dwayne calls while watching us run around the fountain with a broken chandelier in the middle of it. Laughing I go to climb onto the fountain getting ready to jump onto the broken chandelier.

"No no no! Stop, little girl I mean it!" Marko yells at me, making me slow down just enough for Paul to scoop me up.

"Wouldn't want you to get hurt, would we?" Paul sighs in relief making me laugh not understanding why he was so worried. The jump wasn't that far so I didn't see the harm in it. "Baby you see the candles that we have around the chandelier, those would really hurt if you happened to fall into them."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I tell him with puppy eyes

"That's alright love bug, no harm was done."

Opening my eyes I wince at the sunlight coming through the windows into my room

Opening my eyes I wince at the sunlight coming through the windows into my room. Turning around I noticed that Sam was gone, making me frown slightly. So much for twins always sticking together. I glanced at my clock on my bedside table to see it was six thirty, wow I only got two hours of sleep.

"Hey Emma it's about time you got up. I thought you were sick or something." Sam chuckles from the hall. Turning I watch him walk in with an amused look, "You and Michael nearly slept the whole day away."

"Why didn't you wake me up when you woke up?" I ask with an annoyed look, Sam looks at me with a wry look

"I tried, do you not remember? You threatened to kill me if I kept bugging you, so I left. Listen I know my limits, besides you did not seem to be joking, you lowkey scared me for a second,"

"Oh uh sorry about that...'' I mutter not really knowing why he was acting nervous while talking about it. Did I really scare him that much? "Hey uh Sam, you said Michael was here right? Is he awake or still asleep?"

"He's awake, I woke him up when mom called asking him to watch us while she goes on a date. Say did you let mom know you came home last night? I know you guys had another argument, but she was still worried about you." She was worried about me? If she was really worried about me I bet she would have tried harder to find me. Still I couldn't help but feel my hopes go up, maybe one day. One day all the unsaid words could be spoken... the day that I won't regret the words and actions that were taken in our time together. One day.

"I'm going to find Mike, you can tell mom I'm home if you like. I don't feel like getting into a fight with this headache."

"You don't always have to fight with her, you know. You don't have to-"

"Dont Sam, you have no idea what it's like. You're just lucky that you are mom's favorite arlight, you and Michael. It's always been that way, and always will be." With that I left the room, making sure that bumped into his shoulder on the way out. I may have regretted my words, but they were nothing but true... no matter what I tell myself it will always be true.

"Alright alright, I'm sorry." I hear him call from behind, turning around and I see him leaning against the door frame of my bedroom. "Hey listen, I'm going to be hanging out with Edgar and Alan later tonight if you want to tag along..." he trails off, fidgeting with his hand while looking anywhere but me. I stare at him trying to remember who Edgar and Alan were, they sounded so familiar but I'm not sure.

"Oh uh.." Look wanted to deny his offer since I had no idea who they were, but the look he was giving me made me change my mind. "Well okay, but you might have to remind me which one is which." I joke with him hoping that he would explain to me who they are. He only laughs when I say this and shakes his head.

"We'll head out in an hour or two," He tells me, completely blowing off my question/joke. Nodding, I make my way to Michael's room. He might be able to help me, maybe he was with me last night. I knock on his door before waiting a few moments, silence. Slowly I start to open it to see him sitting on his bed with his head in his hands.

"Mike?" I quietly say making him look up,

"I thought I told you to stay away from me yesterday Emma." He grumbles out before looking back down at his feet. I shuffle into the room before making my way towards his bed, "Don't come closer Emma, I don't trust myself enough to have you that close. I nearly attacked Sam last night..." Stopping in my tracks I stare at him with confusion, why would he try to attack Sam?

"Michael, what happened yesterday, please tell me... I- I can't remember anything from last night. I'm actually having trouble remembering a lot right now..." Tears fill my eyes as I beg Michael to tell me. I was desperate, and scared about what was to come.

"Emma you didn't..." Michael stands up with a worried look on his face, "You didn't drink the stuff they gave me did you? I never should have let you leave with them!" His eyes seemed to hold flames in them as he looked at me.

"Drink? What drink Mike? What's happening to me? Who's they?" I ask while taking a step closer to him. The tears that built in my eyes started to fall when I saw how scared Michael looked. I've never seen him like that before...

"Emma, we're turning into monsters."

The Little Lost Girl On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara