Calm Before The Storm

"What do we do?" Sam cries with his head in his hands. We all sat around the now closed comic book store trying to figure out what we were going to do. At first we all sat around in silence reliving the moments that happened not too long ago in our heads.

"Kill them-" Edgar starts to say

"Kill them? Edgar, we are one of them! We're already bonded with them, meaning that we are connected to them. They can most likely feel everything we feel and can read every single thought we think. It's pointless." Alan speaks in a defeated tone

"My own brother wants to give up, and here I thought you were like me." Edgar scoffs, his words dripping with venom as he speaks.

"Edgar- we are all stuck in this. How do you think I feel? My own brother just drained the life out of some guy on the beach in front of me." Sam growls at Edgar, "Bloody hell man, you have no idea what it's like. I've never seen Michael look at anyone like that- his eyes were glowing with fangs sticking out of his mouth..." Sam trails off looking quite defeated. "The worst part about it was that it was so tempting to do the same. If it wasn't for you two holding me back I would have surely pounced on one of those helpless souls."

"Sorry Sam

"Sorry Sam... I was having trouble as well" Alan mumbles as Edgar sighs before patting on Sam's back lightly

" I know Sam, I'm sorry, I'm just shocked that we got played by those vampires... We'll make sure that no one else gets turned." Edgar assures Sam

"What does is matter... We'll all give in eventually and they will get the family they always wanted... We'll be the fucking blood sucking brady bunch." Sam scoffs

"No Sam, that won't happen!" Alan frowns, "It won't... we won't give in..." he whispers the last part more to himself than us.

"Yeah Sammy we are stronger than that," Edgar tells him before they all look at me,

"What about Emma? They had already gotten to her before we could stop them. Who says they won't do it again. I can't lose my baby sister to those monsters." Sam clenches his fist with tears in his eyes.

" We'll do anything and everything to keep them away from Emma. I promise Sam, we want them as far away from her as possible." All the boys looked at me with determined looks, as I fidgeted with my fingers.

"No one will touch you," Alan gives me a weak reassuring smile. I forced a smile onto my face to show them that I would be okay.

"Come on Sammy you know me, I'm stronger than that." I lie, I knew I wasn't. I was always good at putting a mask on for the sake of others. To be honest I was scared, I knew exactly what Sam meant when he was talking about the temptation with Michael. If they weren't there I know I would have joined. It was all my fault we were here, I was the one who drank first...

"Emma, don't be scared of your brothers..." A voice I recognize to be Paul's calls in my head, I should have seen that coming.

"Come back to the cave little love, you are not safe out there." Marko coos