imagine 43 :- ELIJAH

This is a continuation of Imagine 41 requested by Percabeths1reader.  

•~•~•~•~

"Y/N, you have got to taste this!" Caroline exclaimed as she brought up another spoon to her mouth.

You smiled at her, "It's okay, Care. You eat it, I'm not hungry."

She gave you a look but shook her head and went back to her food. From how much attention the food had, you were sure it tasted amazing.

However, for a second, Caroline stopped eating and turned to you, "You know... I haven't seen you eat anything in the past few days. You only ever drink water when you are out with us."

A shiver ran down your spine and you gulped, "W-what do you mean?"

Caroline was the most observant one. You knew you had to be careful around her. This wasn't good.

"Beautiful day, love."

When you saw Carline groan and roll her eyes, you struggled to hold in the chuckle despite the situation you just found yourself in.

"Klaus," Caroline said.

You shifted to the chair inside and Klaus took a seat next to you, staring straight at her, "Hello, Caroline." He then turned towards you with a small smirk, "Hello, Y/N."

"Hi, Klaus," you mumbled, still not completely comfortable around him.

When none of them said anything, you looked up to see a small frown on his face.

"You know you have no reason to be afraid of me." He looked sincere as he continued giving you his full attention, "We don't intend to hurt you, sweetheart."

Caroline scoffed making you break the eye contact with Klaus and look at her, "Sure. It's not like you tried to kill one of our best friends and killed her aunt."

You shut out the banter that continued between Klaus and Caroline and let your thoughts take over for a second.

It's true that Klaus tried to kill Elena. Hell, he actually had killed her. Elena came back to life after she had stopped breathing.

Mikaelsons were a dangerous family. They killed humans like ants under their shoes. But for some reason, they haven't posed a direct threat to you yet. In fact, when Klaus needed a human for breaking his curse, his witch had taken you to him but he was the one that refused.

Ever since the ball you attended Klaus and Elijah seemed to have taken an interest in you. However, while you do talk to Klaus, you tend to avoid Elijah at all costs and have successfully done so since the last time you saw him.

In the past month, you have thought quite a few times about the oldest Mikaelson brother. Elijah Mikaelson had been observant enough to point out a few very dangerous things that you yourself hadn't acknowledged yet.

He had unlocked a dangerous line of thoughts and you weren't ready for that. You weren't ready to accept it. But as the days passed by, you became more and more unsure.

You observed Caroline and her body language as she spoke to Klaus. There wasn't a smile on her face, she looked annoyed, to be honest, but she looked pretty. Every time you saw her or Elena or Bonnie, it was a reminder to you that you weren't as skinny as them. That, in your head, equalled not being beautiful enough.

You weren't overweight, but you weren't skinny too. Society's concept of beauty blinded you as you developed a hate for your own body. Food became disgusting and you weren't even noticing that you were damaging your health.