imagine 31 :- ELIJAH

Part 2 for imagine 26 (Elijah)
~•~•~•~•

Standing on the balcony, you thought back to all the memories you had made in this place. New Orleans was your home, it was where your parents where from, it was where you and your twin sister Hayley were born. This place is also the place where you had found the love of your life, Elijah Mikaelson. He was the only one to have helped you and your sister with everything when she became pregnant with Klaus's child. He had been the one to look after the two of you while Klaus was busy fighting off his enemies who wanted to kill his daughter. This slowly led to all the other little memories you had made here.

With a smile, you shook off those nostalgic emotions creeping on you and went inside. You knew that these memories will only lead to the recent ones and you didn't want to remember them in anyway. You walked to the cupboard and brought the last lot of clothes to the bed to fold them and pack them in the suitcase. Just as a few were left, Rebekah knocked and walked through the already open door. She observed your movements and you didn't say a word.

Knowing her, you were sure she'd stop you, or at least try to and you didn't wanna argue. All the originals were stubborn in their own ways and you didn't have energy for that at that moment. Hence, you silently continued packing.

Rebekah's voice was heard just as you closed the suitcase, "So you've made up your mind then?" Her eyes were glossy and it melted your heart. Rebekah always had snarky remarks for everything and only showed her vulnerability in front of her brother. This was a rare moment when she had decided to show you her vulnerable side, it means she finally considered you family, and seeing as you didn't have one anymore, it touched you.

You sighed and walked up to her. Looking at her with a soft smile you pulled her into a hug, "Every room, ever little space in these quarters reminds me of her, Rebekah, and with that comes the stabbing reminder that I'll never see my sister again." Her eyes water with the sudden mention of Hayley and she bites her lips. You pull back and look at her with a sad smile, "I can't stay here Rebekah.... Leaving wasn't the first thought that I had after this. I tried, I tried so hard to live here without drowning in her memoirs but I can't. I have to leave, Rebekah."

You moved back and turned around only to freeze on hearing her next words, "He remembers."

"What?" You whispered as a lone tear slid down your cheek. Your hands trembled in fear of the man you loved and what would happen to him. "He got his memories back, he remembers all of it, all the emotions, everything." Rebeka moved in front of you now, "I won't stop you, Y/N. It's after all your decision. But I'll request that you speak to him before you leave." She walked away leaving you frozen there. You didn't want to talk to him. He's the reason your sister is dead, if only he had helped...

You took a deep breathe and angrily rubbed off that tear stain. You had decided. He didn't deserve to speak to you, you didn't owe him any explanation after what he had cost you. You held your suitcase and walked down the stairs. The letter for Niklaus was already in his room and anyway you weren't going far away. You were still in New Orleans, you couldn't leave Hope here all alone, however, you did need to get out of this house.

On reaching the compound, the first thing you saw was the man himself, sitting on a bench with his head held in his hands. Your footsteps made him look up and there, right then in his eyes you could see that he remembers everything. His eyes still looked at you with love, longing, respect. However, right now it was brimmed with sadness too.

He stood up abrubtly and walked to you. For minutes, he just stood there in front of you, not knwoing what to say, numerous times he opened his mouth but closed them without saying anything. You studied his face, the man who was once full of confidence and pride, he was at a very vulnerable position and even though you hated seeing him like this, you were too far deep in the grief of losing your sister to console him in any way. So you tried to walk past him but he held your hand.