Prolouge: First Contact

There was a continent in the sea region called the Great Orient, far from the Three Great Civilized Lands.

Its size was about half the size of Australia, so it was tiny as a continent, yet big as an island.

This land was called Rodenius, where three countries exist. The agricultural nation that was endowed with fertile soil and had an extensive farmland region; Qua-Toyne Principality. The poor country with great desert expanses where it is hard to grow crops; Quila Kingdom, and the human-only country that continues to discriminate the demi-races like elves, dwarfs, and beastkin, and aims to unite Rodenius; Louria Kingdom. 

Both the Quila Kingdom and the Qua-Toyne Principality had one-third of their population composed of demi-humans like elves, dwarves, and beastkin. For that reason, they didn't maintain a good relationship with the Louria Kingdom which sang the demi-human extermination plan, have a good relationship with each other, and together they cooperate to oppose the Louria Kingdom's threat.
.

.

.

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 1, Day 24, Qua-Toyne Principality, Rodenius Continent

The Wyvern Knight from the 6th Wyvern Squadron of Qua-Toyne Principality was under patrol duty in the clear blue sky. Clouds could only be seen at the faraway horizon, so the visibility was so high that they even could see clearly from a far distance. In that sky, a creature that has a remarkably gallant figure flapped its wing. 

A jet black body and sharp tail. If any modern Earth people see it, they might call it the creature of the fantasy, Wyvern. Atop of the beast, there was a person who wore light armour. The armour was of a simple design, but it was functionally stunning.

Marl Patima, a Wyvern Knight of Qua-Toyne Principality was on a patrol mission in the northeast region of the principality. There was nothing in this part of the country. To the east, there was only the ocean, and while adventurers had left to explore for new lands, none ever returned. But then all of sudden... something strange happened. 

"What is that?" he asked as he found five unidentified flying objects in the sky that should be empty of anything but himself. In normal situations, anything other than a friendly wyvern was unthinkable.

Even by a wyvern, the flight distance from Louria to here was nothing to sneeze at. The major civilizations had a ship called the Dragon Carrier, but something like that should have nothing to do with this remote area. On this place that was definitely out of the cruising range of any wyvern that came from the Louria Kingdom, he concluded that it was no other than an allied wyvern. However, he should be the only one who flew in this airspace right now.

The flying objects that were as small as a grain gradually became bigger and then could be fully seen. As the objects became closer, he could confirm that they were not the allied wyverns. "Those objects didn't flap their wings?" Marl Patima said as he became even more curious about these unidentified intruders.