Chapter 17: The Lions against The Lucifers (Part 1)

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 11, Day 1. Doors of the World, Northeastern of the Topa Kingdom

The Topa Kingdom is one of the oldest nations in the New World

The Topa Kingdom is one of the oldest nations in the New World. The country is connected by two continents, Philades and Grameus. Despite being the oldest nation, Topa Kingdom became a subject of the Parpaldia Empire for a very long time and would send tributes in the form of slaves for shares of technology, notably weapons, from the Empire.

Still, the kingdom remained independent, because the nation once played an important role in the New World, and as a result, its strength grew over time at a slow pace. Compared to the nations in Rodenius, Topa had an edge as it possessed various weapons that were more advanced than the ones used by the Rodenius nations which, aside from Louria, were disconnected from the Parpaldian sphere of influence.

Here, in the northeastern region of the Kingdom, was a tough fortification called the 'Doors of The World'. There was a natural bridge that was only 200 meters wide, but 30 kilometres long that connected the kingdom, and to the northeast of Topa was another bridge, this one 100 meters wide and 40 kilometres long that joined them with the Grameus continent.

This fortress was located in the 'Isthmus', which connected the Philades and Grameus continent and was built in ancient times. No one figured out when it was exactly built, but sources from libraries around the world say it was built after the Alliance of The Races and the Mythical Warriors fended off the Demon Lord's invasion.

.

.

Demonic Beast Observation Tower, Doors of the World

"For the last ten years, the highest number of demonic beasts sighted from the fortress' observation tower is only four

"For the last ten years, the highest number of demonic beasts sighted from the fortress' observation tower is only four... even if it's a hundred, the doors won't fall, you know?" said Gai, the young and handsome-looking half-elf with brown hair, who's wearing a piece of leather armour on his chest alongside a white fur on both of his soldiers, while the clothes he wore under his armour was rather thick.

"Uh... That's if those hundred that you mentioned are goblins. Orcs are the hazardous ones if you look at the record that dated back about ten decades ago," said Moah, an elf that wore steel armour that had a red cape, much like the armour of the other Topan knights. He had long blonde hair that went down to his shoulders and a beautiful face that one could even mistake for a woman.