Chapter 22: The Imperial Conference of the Parpaldia Empire

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 11, Day 19. 1st Foreign Affairs Department, outer gardens of the Paradis Palace, Parpaldia Empire

The 1st Department of Foreign Affairs has been thrown into disarray due to recent events that unfolded twelve days ago. This pertains to the failed punitive strike by the Imperial Oversight Army of the Parpaldia Empire against the Fenn Kingdom under orders from the 3rd Department of Foreign Affairs. The current situation has resulted in significant unrest and confusion within the department, as measures are being taken to address the matter.

The findings presented were not received favourably by the senior executive in charge of the 1st Foreign Affairs Department - Elto when one of her subordinates brought this matter to her.

"Is this true?  And why did the director of the 3rd Department of Foreign Affairs investigate this matter on his own?" asked her after reading the paper that contained the details.

"Yes, Ms Elto. The director of the 3rd Department of Foreign Affairs - Sir Kaios has been examining this matter alone because he believed that this FPDA was the one responsible for the defeat of the Louria Kingdom about seven months ago as well as the recent failed punitive strike by the Imperial Oversight Army of the Parpaldia Empire against the Fenn Kingdom," explained him.

"I see... Anyway, assemble an investigation team, would you? Find out every piece of information that would make sense about this FPDA alliance,"

Elto's voice was firm but composed as she gave the orders, conveying a sense of authority that compelled the investigation team to find out more about the FPDA alliance quickly. However, the team's findings revealed that neither the Federation of Mu, the Gra Valkas Empire nor the Divine Republic of Kain were involved. 

According to Admiral Poquetoire and the Captain of Washinashi, the two ships that repelled the Oversight Army hoisted a white flag with a small flag on the top left corner, featuring an anchor overlapped by two wavy daggers. This information, however, did not provide a definitive answer to the main question.

The two officers also testified that the enemy's ships had only one cannon each but with an incredible level of precision and firepower. Admiral Poquetoire stated that the naval gun had fired 100 rounds and hit the target with 100% accuracy. When they consulted a military research group about this, they were told that such a feat was impossible even with another hundred years of technological advancements. This suggests that a non-civilized country being more than a century ahead of the Empire is implausible. 

Despite careful analysis, the 1st Department of Foreign Affairs has arrived at two crucial conclusions despite lacking concrete evidence. Firstly, it is imperative to acknowledge that the FPDA is a force to be reckoned with, and should not be underestimated or feared. Secondly, it is recommended that the Parpaldia Empire take swift action and launch an attack on the FPDA at the earliest opportunity before they have the chance to procure additional armaments.