Chapter 21: The Great Eastern Conference and The Federation of Mu

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 11, Rodenius Continent

It's been months since the end of the Louria Kingdom's conquest threat to the continent of Rodenius. If it's not because of the Five Power Defence Arrangements, the Qua-Toyne Principality and the Quila Kingdom had never been this conceited before - the standard of living has greatly improved, with contemporary conveniences such as gas stoves, water purification systems, railroads, transportation, communication and infrastructure improvements. 

Despite knowing that they cannot obtain advanced military technology, at least they can obtain protection from them against any threats. In return for their aid against the Lourians, the Qua-Toynians and the Quilans decided to lend their hands to help them, particularly the United Kingdom, Australia and Malaysia in constructing their warships by supplying raw materials as well as additional manpower, among them were mages and skilled metallurgist, to their disposal.

With this, the completion of HMS Belfast (F90), HMAS Hunter, HMS Venturer and KD Mat Salleh met their milestone within seven months after the final touch for their construction was halted for moments following the great transference. 

While Belfast, Hunter and Venturer celebrated their launching ceremony on the same day, Mat Salleh faced a delay due to the unexpected change in weather and had to be rescheduled to another day. 

As for the Louria Kingdom? If it were not for the FPDA's Stabilization Forces, the nation would collapsed at an alarming rate before it turned into a civil war following the arrest of the king. 

Many months ago, under the guidance of the FPDA, the Qua-Toyne Principality, Quila Kingdom, Sios Kingdom and the Topa Kingdom took the initiative to free the Lourian society, culture, press, economy, judiciary, and politics from racism, human suprematism and expansionism, aimed at the hegemony of the human race over the demi-human in the continent.

This initiative includes the imprisonment of those who had been suspected of being strong supporters and influencers of such heinous crimes aside from promoting better understanding between the humans and the demi-humans. 

Now, the people of the Louria have turned over a new leaf. Rising from its former shell, the nation emerged as a republic. The supreme council and the feudal monarchy have been abolished, replaced by a democratic government led by Maus himself. With this, the Republic of Louria established diplomatic and economic relations with the FPDA, allowing them to experience the same benefits as their neighbours.

.

.

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 11, Day 14. Great Eastern Countries Conference, Qua-Toyne Principality, Rodenius Continent

The Great Eastern Countries Conference, as the name speaks, is an international conference by countries that belong to the so-called 'Outside Civilization Area', mostly countries that come from the East, to discuss the major events occurring around the world.

This conference wasn't held regularly - if only major events were occurring in the World. While it's crystal clear that the Eastern nations considered the conference great, the nations of the Third Civilisation Area, including the Parpaldia Empire, are the opposite. They considered it to be unnecessary, a waste of valuable time and meaningless because the event was proposed by what they referred to as 'barbarians'.

Because of this, the participating countries talked relatively openly about their intentions, unlike previous conferences.

On this faithful day, the Qua-Toyne Principality organized the conference to discuss the new countries that suddenly appeared in the East - the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore, or what they referred themselves as the Five Power Defence Arrangements (FPDA).