Chapter 23: Diplomacy

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 11, Day 23. Nishinomiyako, Fenn Kingdom

Over the seven-month-long without any conflict, the curiosity and effort of the people all over the nations of the FPDA were directed to the wonders of the New World such as sightseeing tours - it became a huge boom. 

The Qua-Toyne Principality had their port near Maihark designated by its Prime Minister, Kanata, as the hub of the New World. Plus, tourism to places beyond the reach of the diplomatic has also become popular. 

Among the options, it is safe to say that the Fenn Kingdom is popular among those familiar with the atmosphere and culture akin to Japan's Edo period. Since they were situated between the five nations and the massive Philades Continent, it was deemed to be important by His Majesty King Shihan to be friendly with the five nations, especially Malaysia since they're the one that helped them to fend off the Eastern Fleet of the Parpaldia Empire's Oversight Army. 

Now, regular high-speed ferry services travelled to the capital city Amanoki and to a town on the west end of Fenn called Nishinomiyako that brought in droves of tourists for sightseeing and the Fennese people being not just hospitable to the tourists, but also concerned with their safety since the chances of the Parpaldia Empire to attack at any time was high. 

So, the Fenn Kingdom and its neighbouring friends, notably the Gahara Thearchy formed a Defence Committee to protect the public safety of Nishinomiyako since it is the closest to the Parpaldia Empire. 

As said, many Gaharan and Fennese soldiers were stationed not far from the town. As a good measure, the Gaharan brought along their Wind Dragons for aerial reconnaissance purposes and pre-emptive roles against the Parpaldian vessels.

At the same time, the Defence Committee also began to recognize the safest and fastest route for evacuation procedures and what measures should be taken to protect the residents. in case an attack has been confirmed. 

.

.

Strolling along with the various tourists was Aine, the tenth private of the Palace Guards bearing the title Master Swordsman with only ten people in the kingdom, and he happened to be Magreb's subordinate, too.

On this day, he was granted by His Majesty an off-duty. So, he decided to don himself as a normal Fennese citizen, but not without a katana as a self-defence weapon, to get a closer look at the tourists as he visited Nishinomiyako. 

"So peaceful... Wouldn't it be great if this continued forever?" he muttered.

From his point of view, the Empire [Parpaldia] had a lot of pride and he didn't think that chasing off their oversight army would be enough to make them give up. Given the chance, if the Empire decided to invade them, the town of Nishinomiyako would most likely be the first place they'd attack.

"Our rocky coastline may be as beautiful as it seems, but it also happens to be a perfect spot for landing ships of those Parp Corns to set their foot on this very land. A good thing that it can also be a perfect spot for us to conduct snares upon them," Aine thought.

While he's positive that the Empire indeed is a strong force to be reckoned with which made him tremble, he's also sure that a carefully planned attack might help to delay them from stepping further into his homeland.

.

.

.

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 11, Day 23. 3rd Foreign Affairs Department, Imperial Capital of Esthirant, Parpaldia Empire