Chapter 1: Conference Talk and The Outcomes

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 1, Day 29, Qua-Toyne Principality, Capital City Qua-Toyne, Prime Minister's Official Residence

Prime Minister Kanata was nervous in front of the reception room where the foreigners he would meet were waiting. Usually, the people from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would hold preceding negotiations or preparatory conferences, then the Foreign Minister would establish a diplomatic alliance, and for a while, they would carefully watch, in addition, to laying up groundwork over another, that finally, the head of government of the Qua-Toyne Principality, the Prime Minister, Kanata himself, would declare openly the agreement with the other country's ruler.

However, under the recent semi-emergency situation due to continual tension with the Louria Kingdom, their real intention was to establish a friendship with a country with power, even for a little bit. Furthermore, in the case that the country of Five Power Defence Arrangements, or what the Qua-Toynian prefer as FPDA, is all a hegemonic country, then they must avoid any outrageous demand to the end.

If they still press an unbalanced treaty, then he cannot help but comply. It was unfortunate for the head of a country to be nervous like this, but the unidentified units and the large ship, either of them demonstrated great technological strength, so the FPDA's national power is the real deal. Even if his opponent was just a government agent, he couldn't stop this nervousness.

Just a short time ago, before Prime Minister Kanata arrived, the envoy of the FPDA - the diplomats, were guided into the room. As soon as Kanata opened the door and entered, they stood up and bowed to him.

"Apa Khabar, Mr Prime Minister? My name is Abdullah Adham, a diplomat from Malaysia,"

"Kia Ora, Mr Prime Minister. My name is Ella Anahara, a diplomat from New Zealand,"

"G'day, Prime Minister. I'm George Jones, a diplomat from Australia,"

"Ni Hao Ma? I'm Amanda Arao, a diplomat from Singapore,"

"How are you doing? I'm Harry Boyd, a diplomat from the United Kingdom,"

The side representatives of FPDA countries were Adham, Ella, George, Amanda, and Harry who made the greeting. 

"Yes, yes. It's our pleasure," said Kanata. 

For the Qua-Toyne Principality's side, with Prime Minister Kanata as the centre, Foreign Minister Rinsui and 5  other Ministry of Foreign Affairs staff took their seat.

"I will serve as the conference chairperson, Qua-Toyne Principality's Foreign Minister Rinsui. Nice to meet all of you... This might be sudden, but Honorable Sirs and Ma'ams from the countries of FPDA, may I question the purpose of your country for this visit?" Rinsui made a quick greeting to Adham and immediately cut right into the heart of matters.

"Yes. But first... let us distribute the articles about this matter," said Adham. 

One of the FPDA diplomats distributed the articles. The Foreign Minister frowned when he looked at it. 

"Can't read it? Don't worry, We can explain it to everyone," said Adham after he noticed that Rinsui seemed to be unfamiliar with the English text. 

"Perhaps they have their alphabets and the same language," muttered Rinsui when he realized that the letters were different from theirs. 

Then, Prime Minister Kanata signals everyone to be silent as Adham is about to speak.

"My dear Qua-Toynian friends. We, the Five Power Defence Arrangements, consisted of five countries; United Kingdom, Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia and Singapore... is located about 1000 km north of this country. And I hope all of you understand the measurement unit," said George.