Chapter 9: Gim's Recapture and Adem's demise

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 11. Daital Plains, Qua-Toyne Principality

Sunrise came quickly for what seemed like an eternity for the FPDA troops at the Daital Plains. However, on this faithful day, Phase 1 of Operation: Storm of Steel will be commenced to recapture Gim. The soldiers all wear combat gear as they will be deployed immediately. Lock and loaded, they entered their respective transports. 

The Challenger 2s, Boxer AFVs, FV 150 Warrior IFVs, several Alvis Stormers equipped with sixteen Starstreak missiles and nine SSPH Primus rumbled as their engines roared while the crews were adjusting themselves. 

The chuffing noises of the CH-47D Chinooks of the 127 Squadron the RSAF can be heard as Singaporean soldiers attached the SLWH Pegasus underneath the aircraft to be transported into a newer position. 

Meanwhile, at the airbase of the FPDA, a row of F-15SGs of the 142 Squadron can be seen lining up on the tarmac as they wait for their turn to take off

Meanwhile, at the airbase of the FPDA, a row of F-15SGs of the 142 Squadron can be seen lining up on the tarmac as they wait for their turn to take off. Lieutenant Colonel Shewan Goh himself led these F-15sf to conduct close air support onto the Lourians' positions in Gim.

.

.

War room, Daital Plains, Qua-Toyne Principality 

The lights inside the war room are dimmed as the situation maps of the Qua-Toyne Principality and the Louria Kingdom are projected on the screen. Non-commissioned officers make minor adjustments to the front lines and troops' dispositions. Several Singaporean and British staff were operating communication networks that kept the room alive with cold, automated sound.

At the same time, Lieutenant General Stuart Richard Skeates and Lieutenant General Melvyn Ong communicate through their respective landlines. Speaking to them on the phone are the Prime Ministers of Britain and Singapore, Boris Johnson and Lee Hsien Loong. 

Both commanders ended their conversation by saying, "Understood, Prime Minister," before putting down the landlines' receiver. 

Clearing his throat, Lieutenant General Stuart Richard Skeates raised his voice, "Attention people! The Prime Minister has permitted us to commence Phase 1 of Operation: Storm of Steel. The operation will begin at 0700 local time! All soldiers, to your positions!"

Everyone started to take their respective seat and paid attention to the screen. 10 seconds had passed, and the operation began. 

"</We will now launch Phase 1 of Operation: Storm of Steel to liberate Gim! Commence operation!\>" yelled Lieutenant General Stuart Richard Skeates on a microphone that sent the order to every British troop. 

With the commands given, the operation begins. Two British Army personnel had gone to either side of the main gate with guiding sticks. 

"</All callsigns! This is Anton Actual! Move out!\>" Cro's voice through the radio had given the orders as the leading armoured vehicles column moved out of the base followed by the rest, leaving their exhaust in their wake.