Chapter 16: Refurbishment of the Forgotten Weapons

A/N: I'm very sorry for the prolonged delays. I have to attend an interview for an animation diploma, as well as practice for my driving license. Whatever it is, I managed to complete this chapter, and I'm expecting criticism from all of you. It's okay, give your opinion. Whether good or bad, it matters to me.

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 5, Day 4. FPDA Defence Chiefs' Conference, Singapore.

On 4th May of 1639, the Defence Chiefs of the Five Power Defence Arrangements (FPDA) member-nations were in Singapore for the vital FPDA Defence Chiefs' Conference (FDCC), which had been called to discuss the measures that should be taken to face ...

On 4th May of 1639, the Defence Chiefs of the Five Power Defence Arrangements (FPDA) member-nations were in Singapore for the vital FPDA Defence Chiefs' Conference (FDCC), which had been called to discuss the measures that should be taken to face the possibility of future threats and full-scale warfare.

While it is undeniable that the United Kingdom had a nuclear arsenal of UGM-133 Trident II missiles launched by the Vanguard-class submarines on their side, it is clear that a proper war strategy is needed to ensure that peace between any parties can be preserved, coercion can be prevented and deter aggression.

During the introduction speech, Singapore's Chief of the Defence Forces Lieutenant-General Melvyn Ong congratulated Air Marshal Kevin Short following the nation's reinstating of its strike wing as well as the acquisition of 19 BAE Hawk 108/208s donated from the storage of RMAF for its newly formed No. 15 Squadron RNZAF at the Auckland Base, including restoring its training facility, before he proceeds with the main topic of the discussion.

As the conference continued, Malaysia's Chief of Army General Tan Sri Ahmad Hasbullah Mohd Nawawi took the opportunity to present his idea, and it attracted everyone inside the conference. He proposed the concept of refurbishing old or already retired weapons ranging from land, sea and air equipment, as well as weaponry that was once in the service of each nation's armed forces as he believed that they could still pack a punch.

He also suggested that every nation's defence corporations should form a joint venture to manufacture the required components so that the performance of their soldiers could be upkeep over time.

The meeting lasted for three days, and on 7th May 1639, with the financial approval between the five nations' Ministry of Defences, Ministry of Finance and their Prime Ministers, on the assets to be reconditioned, the New World Refurbishment Program (NWRP) were underway. 

Though some of the Defence Chiefs initially questioned the cost and the purpose of the Program when they already had modern military equipment, the additional financial aid of Qua-Toyne, Quila and Louria, which this news reached their ears, proved helpful in helping convince them of continuing to support the program in the face of its costs.

At the same time, the already existing personnel in each nation's armed forces will be trained to handle these pieces of equipment.

Below are some of the listed assets that would be refurbished to meet its modern requirements:

1. United Kingdom

>Land

i. FV101 Scorpion (All surviving units will be rearmed with the long-barrelled Cockerill Mk3 M-A1 90mm gun to increase its lethality)