Chapter 7: Louria Is Under Attacked by Swordfishes

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 3. Lourian Eastern Subjugation Army Base, Captured Gim, Qua-Toyne Principality

The information about the embarrassing defeat of Lourian history at the Great Naval Battle of Rodenius Sea was withheld from the frontlines for fear it could affect the morale of the soldiers in all branches. However, only some higher-ranked officials were excluded from this confidential information.

.

.

Lourian Eastern Subjugation Lords Division Headquarters

The Hawk Knights, part of the Lourian Eastern Subjugation Army advance force, we're currently in shock. They had just received news that the one hundred and twenty knights of the 15th cavalry unit under the leadership of Captain Red-Eyed-Jove, who was scouting in force about 10 kilometres east of Gim, had been mysteriously eradicated. 

According to one of the officers who was stationed at the Magic Observation Post, he didn't manage to detect any type of magic reaction such as from wyverns, but not a single knight had returned. If an unforeseen situation had arisen, at least one person should have been able to escape.

This matter was then brought to the discussion table of the Lourian Eastern Subjugation Lords Division Headquarters, stationed within a local lord's mansion, to discuss the problem

This matter was then brought to the discussion table of the Lourian Eastern Subjugation Lords Division Headquarters, stationed within a local lord's mansion, to discuss the problem. Among those who attended the meeting included Officer Washuna, a Lourian mage and Duke Junfilla. 

"Don't you think something strange is going on? I mean, the only enemies we were facing were the Qua-Toynians. Officer Washuna, what is your opinion about annihilating our 15th Cavalry?" asked Junfilla. 

"Well... Regarding the reports received from the Magic Observation Post, they didn't manage to detect any type of magic reaction such as from their wyverns, but not a single knight had returned. If an unforeseen situation had arisen, at least one person should have been able to escape," said Washuna. 

"Then, does that mean they were all annihilated by Quila Kingdom's Beast People? I heard some rumours that the Qua-Toyne Principality got some aid from that kingdom," said a Lourian General.

"That might be just a hogwash, but apparently..." said Washuna before taking a sip of water. 

"But apparently?" asked Junfilla.

"Please, Officer Washuna. There's no need to be modest, just tell us what is it," said another Lourian General.

"These days... there are rumours amongst the mage officers of Louria, the FPDA, consisted of five countries called the United Kingdom, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and New Zealand... aided Qua-Toyne following our assault campaign in Gim, sent three ships equipped with magical weapons and successfully obliterated 49 of our ships, repelled 88 dragons easily without any casualties on their sides and even managed to capture Vice-Admiral Sharkun," explained Washuna.