Chapter 4: Against the Eastern Conquest Navy

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 3, Day 24. Port Maihark, Qua-Toyne Principality

2 days after the FPDA declared war on the Louria Kingdom, there was news saying that over 4,400 Lourian warships would sail over the Rodenius sea to attack Port Maihark, which caused a mass panic for the Qua-Toyne's navy. In response, they sent 50 ships to counterattack them. Each ship folded its sails and prepared for the upcoming battle.

The sailors inspected the ladders for raiding the enemy ships and loaded the fire arrows and the ignition oil into the ships one after another. The wooden shields to ward arrows were placed at regular intervals on the deck, and large ballistae were deployed beside the ship.

As they prepared their equipment, the admiral of the Second Fleet of Qua-Toyne Principality, Pancare was observing the view of the sea with admiration.

"Beautiful view, isn't it?" he said to himself. 

Then, a male elf with long black hair holding a metal ponytail holder appeared behind him. It was Officer Breweye.

"Admiral, reporting," said him

"What is it, Officer Breweye?" asked Pancare.

"We received a message from the Navy Headquarters. It says; that by tomorrow morning, the countries of the Five Power Defence Arrangements will send a fleet with the strength of 1 aircraft carrier, 3 destroyers, 5 frigates, 2 corvettes and an 'underwater craft'. There are 11 in total," said him.

"11 ships only!? Is there not an error for 110 or 11,000 ships?" said Pancare in shock.

"There is no error, Admiral. But, the only thing that makes me curious about this fleet is that they have underwater craft. This means that they could attack not just from on the surface, but also below them," said Breweye.

Even though they had established diplomatic relations with the countries of FPDA, except for some Foreign Affairs Officials, at this time, only a few people knew the real strength of the five countries. Pancare had never seen one of their ships, so this was a natural reaction.

"That's a great advantage, I guess..." said Pancare.

"We and the Lourian Navy don't have anything like their 'underwater craft'. Anyway, is there anything else?"

"Yes, sir. Following the enveloping confusion of the fleet's number, the Navy Headquarters decided to send an observer, which turned out to be me," told Breweye.

Pancare chuckled a little hearing that Breweye was chosen to be the observer.

"Well then, Breweye, I guess you better have rest for tomorrow. Please also convey to me what their ships look like and what is their strength," said Pancare while patting Breweye's shoulder.

"Yes sir!" replied Breweye before saluting him and both of them left the scene.
.

.

.