Chapter 12: No Fate

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 15. Government Council Hall, Louria Kingdom

The darkness of the night began to manifest in the Louria Kingdom

The darkness of the night began to manifest in the Louria Kingdom. Before the arrival of the countries of FPDA, all the people of the Louria Kingdom were free to do their activities. Some were having dinner, some were working in the garden at the end of the day, the children were asleep, and some teenage couples were strolling on the palace grounds while some were studying.

However, following the King's decision to attack the Qua-Toyne Principality and Quila Kingdom to build a human supremacy continent, everything changed, coupled with the last morning assault on the Northern Port, where their dearest navy was smashed. Do not forget to mention that the successor of Vice-Admiral Sharkun, Vice-Admiral Hoyle was killed during the Tomahawk missiles bombardment. 

The Louria's prideful Dragon Squadrons' strength was decreased drastically to two (Thanakane and his partner, Snallygaster). The matter had raised tensions among the Lourian commanders, especially General Patagene.

Tonight, at the Government Council Hall, the ministers and war generals of the kingdom attended an emergency meeting to decide the fate of the Louria Kingdom. 

"What in the world just happened at today's battle!? Is there no one who can explain? Even trivial details are fine! Talk without restraint!!!" said General Patagene.  

"W-Well... Our naval forces suffered from destruction along with its headquarters. The upper echelons' well-being is unclear, hence further inquiry is currently at a halt," a man speaks up. 

"I'm sorry to say this quite vexing information, Patagene, but our magic cannot hit those unidentified flying objects. They're too fast," said Yamirei. 

"G-Ge-General, the army which protects our capital is in a peak condition but without any aerial support due to the destruction of our Dragon Corps, which only leaves two survived, their morale will be affected," said another man. 

As the meeting continued, the door of the Council Hall opened, revealing two men fully donned in black cloaks with the exception that their faces were the only things that were visible to everyone. 

"Oh! The envoys from the Parpaldia Empire! Both of you come at the right time. Please have a seat, you two," said Maus as he saw both of them. 

Without any hesitation, the two men took their respective seats, facing General Patagene. 

"So... envoy from the Parpaldia Empire, concerning the threatening peril of the Louria Kingdom, for this time only, would you ask your empire to aid us?" asked Patagene. He looked at both of the envoys, hoping for good news to come out of their mouths. However, he got the opposite.

"I'm very sorry, General Patagene if this sounds rude, but I must note all of you something. The unwise king is always saying 'resting' this and 'resting' there. Due to the incompetents of everyone in this Council Hall, we are forced to this meeting, and we should inform you that we have crossed a dangerous bridge to invest in your interest as we stand to gain something in return should Rodenius be unified. But, currently, you have nothing to offer us at all," said the first Parpaldian envoy.