Chapter 13: Final Assault (Part 1)

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 15. The wilderness of Jin-Hark, Louria Kingdom

It was foggy that morning in the wilderness of Jin-Hark of the Louria Kingdom, and the armoured convoy led by Lieutenant Cro Atonoishimo arrived. The view of the Jin-Hark castle can be seen clearly from far away since it's located in a higher place.

"</Today's weather condition is quite foggy, I must say. This makes the enemy have a hard time seeing us in a long range\>" said Cro.

"</It seems like somehow; the enemy must discover us; though being too close is making me build up stress. Plus, we're at a distance that is impossible to be seen by the enemy in modern warfare. What should we do, sir?>\" said James.

Then, Cro had an idea.

"</James, what's your opinion if I decided to send out some of our Scimitars to do some reconnaissance nearby while unintentionally warning the enemy forces so that we can lure their forces out? Then, I order the Primus to destroy their towers. What do you think? \>" asked Cro.

"</I'm not sure, sir, 'cause I'm not a military strategist, but if I am you, I bet it would be a good idea. Maybe some of their horsemen are lingering around in this foggy condition\>" suggested James.

"</Alright. I'll call out for reconnaissance\>" said Cro before he radioed for the Alvis Scimitars.

.

.

.

The watchtowers along the walls, under the jurisdiction of the Capital Defence Knights, have seen an increase in 24-hour lookout personnel. Usually, for nighttime security, lookouts would take shifts and skip some towers, but since the capital and the port suffered a surprise attack the other day, the watch has been tightened.

To ensure early detection of enemy forces, one or more lookouts have been assigned to every watchtower. With his shift coming up, look out Malpaneus left the break room and headed for the northern watchtower along the outermost section of the walls.

"Man... I need some more rest," said Malpaneus as he climbed up the stairs to reach his observation post. When he reached the post, he saw his friend was waiting for him.

"Well, well... it's time to switch," said his friend.

"Yeah... yeah... now give me your telescope so that I can see anything coming," replied Malpaneus.

When his friend handed over the telescope to him, he spotted something coming out of the fog. The colour seemingly blended into the prairie, making it hard to discern. So, he decided to look through his telescope to ensure that what he saw wasn't an apparition. As he watched, he saw something unusual that he had never seen.

"What in the world are those?" asked him

It turned out that three Alvis Scimitars were doing a scout mission to make sure that there was no one lingering around the vast field so that the assault could be carried on.