Chapter 14: Final Assault (Part 2)

A/N: Look who's back, everyone!

Emergency operations room, Jin Hark

"Prime Minister Maus, how's the army gathering?" asked Patagene as he wears his armour.

"Yes. I've gathered every man who can fight and gave them weapons, General Patagene. This also includes mages who are capable of summoning magical fireballs," said Maus.

Then, someone burst all of sudden into the room. It was Yamirei, and he looks injured.

"Good Lord! Yamirei! What happened!?!" asked Patagene as he helped the old mage to stand up after he collapsed in front of the door of the room.

"General... the FPDA's siege engines... they've caused nothing but stampede among not just our soldiers but also the citizens as well..." said Yamirei, panting.

Patagene listened to Yamirei's words with nothing but shock and fear. Never before in the history of the Louria Kingdom's warfare, where small numbers of siege engines could breach into the capital and cause a stampede. At that very moment, he heard explosions coming from outside. Patagene decided to take a look and can't believe his own eyes.

It's true what Yamirei said. The Challenger 2 tanks had done their job very well. They deployed their bulldozer blades to push Lourian infantry by ramming them with tremendous speed if not using their coaxial machine guns. Some of the tanks also fired L34A2 White Phosphorus rounds toward them, causing them to suffer from unbearable burns while being shrouded in white smoke with a garlic-like odour. The British infantries deployed from their respective vehicles easily deal with any Lourian soldiers that were trying to fight them. A mage cast a magical fireball and blasted it towards a tank, only for it to be neutralized by the tank's Iron Fist APS.

Some British soldiers even had to deal with the Lourian citizens who were throwing anything they could in their hands from rotten tomatoes to stone - they were easily scared away when the Warriors IFV opened a warning shot in the air while some soldiers tossed smoke grenades. Above the skies were nothing but merely Apache choppers mowing down the Lourian soldiers with its M230 chain gun.

"No... No... NO!!!" said Patagene in despair.

He looked at one of the helicopters that were hovering nearby and suddenly, he was filled with rage and anger. He went back into the room and found a bow and an arrow. He took the two and went outside to find the best spot for him to shoot the helicopter. Once he found one, he fixed himself in and aimed for the Apache.

"Die you FPDA swine!" yelled Patagene before he released the arrow out of the bow. The projectile, however, harmlessly knock onto the chopper's cockpit before it fell off to the ground. The arrow was noticed by the crew, where they also caught the glimpse of General Patagene standing at his place with a bow in his hand.

The helicopter positioned itself into an attacking position where the WSO aimed the 30 mm chain gun towards him and opened fire.