2. i'll see you again

i woke up and went straight to my bathroom to get washed and brush my teeth ready for school.

i attended a private school, since my grandparents insisted i had the best education in the city. i wasn't super popular in school, but i was well-known.

i preferred to just stay out of large friendship circles. i might of seemed like a loner, but i enjoyed sitting with a good book or my music much more.

i went back into my room and grabbed my uniform from my closet and got changed.

i put my hair up in a french twist, secured it with a hair clip and then grabbed my eyeliner and l smudged it around my eyes with a wing to finish it off.

i then walked downstairs, where my mom was sat stitching her finishing piece

we had mannequins all around the house of amazing clothes my mom had made, but unfortunately i was the only one who wore them.

i always told her she needed to open her own boutique but she never listened.

"hey sweetie." she smiled moving her glasses down her nose and looking at me.

"hey." i replied, as i sat down on the bar stool.

"do you want some breakfast?" she asked me, as she stood up from where she was sat.

"yeah, could i just have some fruit."

"of course, honey." she smiled.

i watched my mother move around the room preparing me some fresh fruit and my essential morning coffee.

i knew i was very privileged. i came from a wealthy family and was lucky enough to live in a stunning town house, with my mother and father. i just had a haunting feeling that something wasn't quite right.

it all stemmed from seeing my dad asleep on the couch last night. multiple reasons on why he was there were lingering in my mind.

i cleared my throat, as she placed my bowl down in front of me. "mom, why was dad asleep on the couch?" i asked her, i began
feeling nervous for her answer. maybe i should have just remained quiet.

i prepared myself for whatever this news would be with the worst case scenario. it seemed unlikely, but i had to be ready for the worst.

what if he just came back late and didn't want to wake her? what if they had a small fight? but then what if something worse had happened, what if they were separating.

i watched her eyebrows raise, almost as if she was hiding something from me. she moved to sit with me, before she placed her hand on top of mine to try and comfort me in some way.

"we were going to tell you together, but i might as well just tell you." she sighed gently rubbing my hand with her thumb in a nurturing way. "me and your father are getting a divorce." she revealed, as my heart sank right to the bottom of my stomach and i began to feel hot. my worst case scenario, was now my reality.