14. teenage dirtbag

i woke up after an eventful evening in my mom's old bedroom at grandmas house. i moved the thick peach coloured duvet off of me and looked around.

it was like my mom had never left. there were pictures of her and my dad when they were teenagers and her friends stuck on her wall.

she even still had different revision notes on a revision board from when she took her exams.

i smiled to myself. it was nice taking a trip back to my mom's childhood. this was until the horrible thought of last night came back into my head.

sure, i was embarrassed by what jess had done, but regardless to that i still missed him and wanted to be with him.

i heard the phone next to be begin to ring, i leant over to answer it. it was my mom.

"hey, honey are you alright?" she asked me. grandma told her last night that i was staying over.

"yeah, i'm fine." i sighed. "i just woke up."

"how are you feeling?" she asked sympathetically.

i let out a large sigh again, "it was a stupid fight, mom." i told her. "i'm annoyed, but i just want to see him." i expressed.

"aw honey."

"grandma as well acted like an angel, she was so nice even when jess was acting like a jerk." i added. i thought that was important to tell her.

"really?" she asked with shock in her voice.

"mhm." i nodded, before i heard a small knock on the door.

it was my grandma. she was dressed smartly in her pink buttoned up shirt and a black skirt.

"is that jess?" she whispered, as i shook my head.

"no, it's my mom." i smiled up at her, before mom asked to speak to grandma. "here she wants to talk to you." i said handing her the phone over.

i got up out of bed, as my grandma stood talking to my mom. i told her i was walking out of the room to brush my teeth.

but, as i was walking back i heard my grandma start talking about jess. "how can you let your daughter be with that abominable thug." i heard his spit down the phone.

she then began complaining about how he was late and how he spoke to her and everything. i knew the way my grandma acted last night was too good to be true.

i pressed my lips closed and shut my eyes, as i stood against the wall. i really didn't care anymore about that fight last night or what my grandma had said about him, i just wanted to be with him. he made me feel safe and when i was with him all my problems disappeared.

-

i was sat in the car with my mom after she picked me up from grandma's.

we drove past luke's and i saw jess stood cleaning the tables. i watched him as we drove past and sighed.

"you want to speak to him don't you?" my mom questioned, as she looked over at me.

i took a long pause, before turning to face her, "i heard what grandma said about him." i revealed to her.

she pulled over the car and tilted her head slightly at me. "honey," she sighed. "i mean i don't agree with grandma, but you can't blame her from the impression that was made." she told me.

i nodded slowly, "he's not a thug though." i reasoned.

"no, he's not." my mom nodded. "but, grandma didn't get the chance to see what you see in him."

i nodded along to what my mom was saying. she was right. grandma didn't get to see what jess was actually like.

"we can carry on driving now." i told my mom noticing that we were still pulled over.

"no, i think you should go speak to jess." she told me looking in the window at him.

i turned my head to look at him as well. he was stood wiping down all the tables. i smiled to myself, just seeing him filled me with so much joy.

"alright." i nodded, as i opened the car door and walked into luke's. i told my mom that i would meet her at home.

"sabrina." jess smiled, as he looked up at me.

"hi." i smiled back.

"i tried to call you," he told me. "but you didn't answer."

"i spent the night at my grandma's, i didn't get it." i explained to him, as he nodded.

"look, i'm sorry about last night." jess sighed shaking his head. "i was a total jerk and i shouldn't of acted like that." he told me looking at me with regret in his eyes.

i looked straight back into brown button eyes, "no, jess i should've trusted you." i said to him. "you said you got the black eye from playing football and i believe you."

he looked down at the floor and then back up to me, as his face slightly changed. "i'm gonna be honest right now, but you cannot mock me or judge me or tell anyone." he begged looking at me with risen eyebrows and wide eyes.

"okay?" i questioned with furrowed eyebrows. so he didn't get the eye from playing football?

"i didn't get the eye from playing football." he revealed, as i rolled my eyes and shook my head at him.

"seriously?" i scoffed, he actually lied to me? after we got in a huge fight about me not trusting him, it turned out i was right all along.

"no it's not what you think." he quickly said using his hands.

"what happened then?" i sighed.

he mumbled some words at me, which i couldn't understand. "jess, i don't know what you're saying." i sighed again, before he mumbled the same words again at me still not making sense to me.

"jess." i snapped. "i don't know what you're saying."

he rolled his eyes and sighed, before taking me outside.

"i was attacked by a swan." he whispered to me.

a small smile formed on my face, "aw, poor you." i sarcastically pouted with a soft chuckle in my voice as i brought him in for a hug.

"you promised you wouldn't mock." he stated.

"i promise i'm not." i told him, as i looked at his face. i took a closer look at his black eye, "it got you pretty good there didn't it." i stated with my teeth together.

"shut up." he chuckled, before he leant in and kissed me.