17. grease

i walked into school with my bag swung on my shoulder and my books in my hand when cassidy came running over. "SABRINA!" she yelled causing my eyes to widen and my face cover with concern.

"what? are you okay?" i questioned worried for my friend.

"he dumped me right before the party." cassidy cried out to me.

i frowned at her, i wasn't quite sure who she was talking about but i was gonna try to be as supportive as i could anyway.

"aw, i'm so sorry cas." i sighed giving her a hug.

"i really liked this one." she wailed before blowing her nose onto my shoulder causing my face to turn.

"well..." i sighed looking for the right words to say. "there will be someone else." i told her. "look at you, you'll easily find a guy." i smiled, as we released.

"not before the party." she cried out again. "it's saturday night." she stated. "that's only one, two, three, FOUR days." she counted on her fingers.

my eyebrows furrowed, what party was she talking about? i had no clue about any party.

"you better be there as well." she ordered before blowing her nose with a tissue.

"cassidy, what party?"

"the halloween party i'm hosting." she stated rolling her eyes playfully.

shit. the halloween party. it had completely slipped my mind. i didn't have my costume planned or anything. i couldn't believe i had forgotten.

"oh yes!" i said enthusiastically. "the halloween party, i can't wait by the way." i smiled.

"i know it's gonna be awesome." cassidy excitedly squealed.

at least that cheered her up. "look, i've gotta go and find jess. if you need anything page me." i told her, as i began walking off trying to find my what seemed like invisible boyfriend.

-

"there you are." i smiled as i walked up to jess sitting alone in the library. "i haven't seen you in like forever, i'm starting to think you hate me." i laughed lightly.

he looked up quickly and gave me a small smile, before looking back down at what he was reading.

i looked down to see what it was and i was surprised to see he was studying. my eyebrows raised slightly as i read over one of the questions he was revising.

"so, erm..." i started, nervous to hear what he would say, "cassidy's having a halloween party on saturday, obviously since that's halloween." i awkwardly said, as he looked up and began staring at me with a smile.

i kept my eyes straight ahead ignoring him, as i carried on. "anyways, she's invited us and i want us to go."

i turned and saw him sat with that crooked smile on his face. "what?" i laughed turning red from embarrassment.

"nothing." he softly said shaking his head gently.

"so is that a yes?" i smiled excitedly.

he carried on smiling whilst looking at me, before he simply replied, "no."

my face dropped, as i sighed. "jess, we have to go for her," i complained. "she's my friend, i can't let her down." i told him. "please, please, please." i begged pulling at his arm.

he looked at me straight in the eyes, as i waited for his response. "alright then." he answered finally giving in.

"yes!" i exclaimed kissing him multiple times.