25. brooklyn baby

i couldn't sleep that night. everything was replaying in my mind. the whole thing.

i turned on the lamp beside my bed and decided to grab the book i took to see what it was all about. as i opened up the first page it read, 'to the girl i met on the bus that one night in early march.' my stomach filled with a million butterflies.

i was well into the book when i looked over at the clock and saw it was 7am. i had been reading all night. i just couldn't put it down. he had written our story in the most beautiful way he could have done it.

"cass, u there?" i questioned as i called cassidy on her mobile.

"sabrina, it's so early." she groaned. i must have woken her up or something.

"jess wrote a book about me and i saw him last night." i stated.

"what?" she gasped out of shock.

"yeah, you heard it right."

"well, what are you going to do?" she asked. "are you gonna get back together with him?"

"i mean, i don't know." i sighed looking down at the book cover again. "i kissed him last night."

"sabrina!" she gasped again. "you kissed him!?"

"yeah, i kissed him." i excitedly told her. "i gave him my number as well, so hopefully he calls."

"i'm sure he will." she told me, as i nodded. "but keep me updated." she told me, before i promised her i would.

-

i put on my navy blue ribbed shirt and a pair of jeans, put my hair up and lightly dabbed some makeup on my face.

i then went to check my mail that had been posted through my door. "bills, bills, bank..." i listed throwing them all behind me. "fashion magazine." i smiled, as i took the subscription i paid for with me to the couch and flicked through the magazine.

my phone began ringing, as i was half way through reading one of the columns. i picked up the phone but kept my attention to the magazine. "hello." i inattentively answered.

"sabrina? it's jess." he spoke, as i immediately put the magazine down and stood up.

"jess! hey." i said, "uh, how are you?"

"i'm good." he replied. "i'm just sat in central park looking out on the water and it reminded me of you." he told me. "would you want to come and join me?"

i stood and looked out the window. it couldn't be a better day. the sun was shining i saw nothing stopping me. "sure, i would love to." i smiled. "i'll be there soon." i told him before hanging up.

i grabbed my purse and coat and ran straight out of my door. i put my coat on, whilst stood in the elevator, before walking through the lobby.

"miss collins!" the landlord called out.

"shit." i mumbled. i was overdue on my bills and i had done the best job of avoiding him for the past couple of weeks, but he had finally caught me.

"i promise, they will be paid within the next 24 hours." i told him.

"well, if you like living here than i should hope so." he sternly said.

"yes." i smiled, before turning around and walking away mimicking him as i walked out of the door and waited for a cab.

-

"and that's why i came to the city." i told jess as i explained the whole story of me moving here.

"well, i'm glad you did." he smiled sipping his coffee.

i looked at him and smiled, "i'm happy you called me."

"yeah?"

"yeah." i nodded with certainty, before reaching into my purse. "here." i said handing him the book over. "i stole it last night and i've read it all already." i told him.

"you did?" he asked with wide eyes almost like he felt a little embarrassed i read it.

"yeah, i did." i nodded. "it's beautiful, jess." i smiled before taking a sip of my coffee. "incredibly well written." i added. he thanked me and smiled at me with that same old crooked smile i used to love so much.

i told him that i had thought about what was said last night in the cab and i explained how much i missed him and how seeing him made me feel, "i feel like i'm a teenager again. that's how you make me feel, like i am reliving all of that." i softly chuckled shaking my head.

he didn't say anything just looked at me intensely. he did this for about three minutes, before finally saying something. "sabrina," he stated. "i've not woke up one day, since i left stars hollow and did not think about you once." he told me. "you have never once left my mind, i'm still so in love with you. my affections have not changed, but one word from you telling me that you do not love me anymore will silence me forever. if, however, your feelings are the same, i will have to tell you, that you're stuck with my like a curse, sabrina collins and i can't get rid of you. i love you." he confessed as i stared down at the ground in utter shock. my lips parted and my eyebrows raised.

i reached for his hand, before looking back up at him. "jess, of course i am still in love with you." i smiled, before leaning in and kissing him softly but full of passion.