15. except you, you can stay

it was a wednesday night. the sky was gloomy and i could hear the
rain drops on my window.

my room was lit with candles and my lamp and i was sat crossed legged on my bed finishing off my assignment due first period tomorrow.

i sighed to myself, as i read through what i had written so far to make sure it made sense. that was all before i heard a small tap on my window.

i furrowed my eyebrows slightly moving my books off my lap, as i stood up to pull open my shutters seeing jess sat there with drenched hair and his crooked smile.

what the hell was he doing out there in the rain?

"what are you doing?" i chuckled slightly opening up the window.

"i missed you." he smiled giving me a quick kiss as he walked through.

i shook my head trying to hide the smile on my face, "i was busy with homework."

"and i wanted to see you." he fired back, causing me to smile with my cheeks.

he took a step forward and smashed his lips onto mine, as we fell down onto the bed collapsing in a fit of laughter. "jess!" i yelled through laughter. "get off me, you're soaking." i told him trying to escape his playful grasp.

i was trying to stand up and he was sat behind with his hands on my waist both of us uncontrollably laughing.

i gave in and lay down back next to him. "i love you." he whispere, before i turned to face him.

"i love you too." i smiled back pressing soft kisses around his face.

-

it was later at night and i was laying down listening to my music looking through some pictures of my mom, dad and me. i smiled to myself, before placing them away back into a box.

the phone bedside my bed began to ring, so i quickly grabbed it and answered. it was grandma. "hey." i answered the phone.

"hello, sabrina." she replied. "i've already spoke to rory, but i was just checking whether the lamb was good for you?"

"well actually i don't-" i tried to tell her i didn't like lamb, but she cut me off and decided we were all still having it.

"uh, lamb is great grandma." i sighed rolling my eyes.

"perfect." she replied.

she put me on hold whilst she confirmed the meal for friday night.
"alright i'm back." she sighed. "seems that the staff around here can't do one simple thing without me having to help." she complained.

i slowly nodded not really saying anything, "i'll tell you one thing though, you made the right decision getting rid of that jess." she stated, as my eyes widened.

"getting rid? what?" i questioned with furrowed brows.

"you know, breaking up with him." she stated again. what the hell was she talking about? me and jess hadn't broken up.

"grandma, my apologies if there has been some miscommunication, but me and jess are together and happy." i explained to her with a bitter chuckle.

"oh." she spoke, before taking a short pause. "well isn't that wonderful." she falsely said in a cheerful tone.

she didn't think it was wonderful, she wanted us to not get back together. i knew that she hated him after what he did at her house. i just wish she could see him again and realise he's not a jerk.