18. backstabber

richard and emily gilmore were hosting a party this evening at their home. i was sat at my dresser getting ready, since my mom, lorelai, rory and i were being forced to go.

my phone began to ring on the side, "hello, you're on speaker." i spoke out.

"hey, you."

as soon as i heard that voice a gush of happiness filled my body and i teeth grin appeared whilst a pinned up parts of my hair.

"what are you doing?" he asked.

"getting ready for my grandparents' party." i sarcastically cheered through the phone. i rolled my eyes, whilst trying to neaten up my hair. "my evening is gonna contend of capitalists and housewives with cocky sons." i groaned thinking about how many times are gonna hear 'sabrina have you met so and so', especially considering my grandma would do anything in her power to make sure jess and i break up.

"look, i've gotta go." i told him, as i was just about ready. "uh, i'll stop at luke's later?"

"i'll have the milkshakes ready." he replied, as i began chuckle slightly, before hanging up the phone.

i lightly dabbed my lipstick onto my blossomed lips and spritz myself with my most expensive perfume, before walking into the living room to meet my mom.

"you look nice." i complimented her with a smile.

"thanks, so do you." she smiled back tossing me the car keys. "you're driving." she pointed, as i sighed and walked out to the car.

i hated driving. mostly because i felt so much pressure. i was way to cautious and would end up making the other drivers mad with my slow pace.

we were on the freeway and i was going at a comfortable speed for myself. it was all going smoothly. i just made sure to keep my eyes straight ahead on the road.

"s, we're gonna be late." my mom stated checking her watch.

"i'm going as fast as i can." i sighed shaking my head keeping at the pace.

my mom scoffed and looked behind her at the massive line of cars behind us.

"i just wish they were stop honking at us, what creeps." i awkwardly laughed.

"it's because you're driving at snail pace." my mom yelled rolling her eyes at me. "just put your foot down and drive." she ordered placing her hand on her head.

i looked over at her and rolled my eyes subtly, before going straight to it. i didn't think about it, i just did it.

"now we're talking." my mom smiled approvingly. "well done."

-

i had been sat at the party for a good forty-five minutes by now and there was no sight of rory. i sighed, before getting out my pager. i needed to see where she was. she was the only thing that was gonna get me through this party.

"ah, lorelai and rory are here." my grandma announced, as they walked in. i stood up and rushed over until i saw a tall man walk in behind them. i slowed down slightly. why was she allowed to bring dean, but i wasn't allowed to bring jess?

"hey." i spoke out. "this party is already a drag." i stated. "i've been sat between bernadette and mindy from grandma's book club discussing which type of materials are better." i groaned.

"oh i'm sorry but not actually sorry that is pretty funny." she laughed, as i just stared at her with a straight expression.

i was sat with rory and dean. honestly, i wasn't having anymore fun then before. this time i was sat third wheeling making me miss my boyfriend even more.