5. bad reputation

it was a regular day and i was sat in my bedroom. me and my mom still hadn't resolved anything, since our fight the other morning. i was re-reading pride and prejudice, since jess had added all the little notes. i wanted to read what he had put and i found myself stupidly smiling at everything.

i heard a knock on my door, either to myself placing a my book down on the side. "what?" i answered in a harsh tone, before my mom walked in with a hot drink and croissant.

"i forced luke to make a pumpkin spice latte, with whipped cream on top and i'm pretty sure he hates me now." she sighed. "and i also headed to the bakery and got you this croissant." she smiled sat on the end of my bed and handed them over to me.

i tried to hide the smile, because i wanted to hold a grudge and make a point to her. "is this your way of saying sorry?" i questioned looking at her, as she nodded at me with a sad face.

i could no longer hide the smile creeping onto my face, i took the drink and croissant and placed them on the side, before giving my mom a hug.

"i'm so sorry for acting like that, honey." she sighed still in the hug.

"it's fine." i smiled, as i released from her tight grip.

"alright, you enjoy that and i'm gonna go out and meet aunt lorelai." she told me, as she gave me a kiss on the cheek, before closing my door behind me.

i quickly leaped off of my bed and watched her walk out the house and down the street.

i grabbed my pager from the side and told him to come over.

-

i rushed downstairs to let him in when in noticed him walking towards my house. "quick." i laughed. "if anyone see's you they'll tell my mom." i told him dragging him in.

"remind me again, why we have to meet in secret?" he asked me, with furrowed eyebrows.

"because miss patty went ahead and told my mom about how dangerous you are." i said with wide eyes and dramatically moved my hands to show i was being sarcastic. "anyways i'm now 'banned' from seeing you."

"right." he slowly nodded with narrowed eyes.

"it's fine though, we have hours." i smiled, as we walked upstairs to my bedroom.

-

we were both laying on my bed and my head was resting on his chest. "so why does everyone treat you, as as the villain of stars hollow?" i laughed lightly.

"i don't know, cause i'm knew around here and i don't act how they want me to act." he replied with a shrug.

"well, i don't think you should listen to them." i told him looking up at him. he smiled at me.

"how come you moved here?" i asked him, i knew he was staying with his uncle, but i knew there was way more to the story.

he took a long pause, "i don't really wanna get into the full thing it's kinda long, but my mom sent me here." he explained, as i nodded a long.

"i do mean it jess, you're really great." i repeated, i could tell that he rarely got told that or given any compliments at all, possibly because he hasn't let them, but he still deserved to hear it.

"you hardly know me." he answered with a chuckle. "i could be a psychopath." he stated.

"well, we seem pretty close now," i stated before sitting up. "and i'm pretty sure you would've gone crazy on me by now if that was the case."