19. all too well

"uh?" i question as i walk into the kitchen and see my mom and dad making out on the counter.

"uh, sabrina." my dad gasps, as he pulls away and turns to face me.

"oh, morning, honey." my mom awkwardly smiles.

"morning."

i didn't know whether to be happy or really uncomfortable. i felt both. i was happy seeing my parents back together but this wasn't my ideal way to see them.

i walked in and poured myself some coffee and sat down at the table looking at them both with an awkward smile.

"oh by the way jess rang the house but i told him you were still asleep." my mom told me, as i nodded along. "he asked me if i could tell you to meet him at 2pm."

i was sat fairly content to be honest, other than seeing my almost divorced parents making out kind of weirded me out but i was feeling fairly happy, until the reminder of last night struck.

"i'll have the milkshakes ready." i was supposed to see jess.

"hi, i'm logan." shit, i met the huntzberger.

"so sabrina collins, what do you think of our logan, ay?" oh god no.

"i have a boyfriend."

"i'm sorry." he said this right after i nearly kissed him!?

"goodbye logan!" why did i do that, what the fuck?

"shit!" i cursed, as it all came back to me.

"sabrina!" my mother called out in shock. "what have i told you about cursing all the time." she sighed. "it's not a good look."

"like you can say much." my dad chuckled, before my mom playfully hit him with the rag in her hand.

to say that i was disappointed in myself was an understatement. i was furious with myself. how could i do something like that to jess? sure we didn't actually kiss, but that didn't matter it didn't stop the fact of it nearly happening and the fact i got drunk and bailed on him without even telling him.

i was also shocked that my parents hadn't said anything to me about last night. i was expecting them to ground be for being drunk or something but they hadn't mentioned it yet.

"i'm gonna go up and get ready." i quietly said, as i walked up to my room and pulled something out of my closet and dabbed a little bit of makeup under my eyes.

"i'll be back later!" i yelled before slamming the door shut, as i walked to luke's.

i was incredibly nervous. i had knots in my stomach. i felt sick. what was i meant to say? did i tell him the truth? yes. the truth would be the best solution. oh but i was so worried. how would he react? would he hate me? would he break up with me? a million thoughts were running through my mind.

-

i opened the doors to the diner and walked up to the counter, where luke was stood jotting something on his notepad. i put my hands in the pockets of my cargos, before i asked him where jess was.

luke simply just pointed to the frosted glass door of his office/apartment. "okay, thanks." i said with a small smile as i walked up there.

i didn't know whether to knock or just walk in. what was the most appropriate for this situation? i didn't know. i was now overthinking everything.