21. girls just wanna have fun

A FEW MONTHS LATER

the seasons were changing and we were now approaching spring. the season for new beginnings and fresh starts. oh i fucking needed a fresh start.

of course the whole jess situation had not been forgot about. i still loved him so much- too much in fact and i hoped he felt the same way. we would have the occasional glance and small smile in the hallway whenever we went passed each other, but nothing major. we just kinda got on with our lives.

we both knew that allowing us to fall straight back to each other would ultimately cause more issues. what we had was over and if it was meant to be, it would have been. i would be lying if i didn't admit that i was still holding on to that tiny bit of hope that somewhere in the far far future things can work out for us, but for all we knew, that was the end of our chapter.

as i was stood putting my books away in my locker, cassidy came rushing over with so much excitement she startled me.

"jeez, cass." i chuckled whilst turning around to face her.

"sleepover. tonight. at mine. be there." she sternly said before walking away.

i laughed to myself a little, she was always filled with so much excitement and always seemed so happy.

-

"don't do anything stupid." my mom warned with a laugh, as i said goodbye to her and my dad before leaving to go to cassidy's house.

once i was there we went up to her room and were sat talking and catching up on everything with each other.

"did you hear about megan and devin?" i asked cassidy as she nodded.

"you know, i really liked you and peter together." she smiled looking at me closely.

"why are you looking at me like that?" i awkwardly chuckled.

cassidy remained quiet before shrugging, "i don't know" she stated, before her phone began to ring. she often did that. she would say something and then forget what her initial point was.

"okay. cool. we'll be out in 5." she giggled on the phone to someone, before hanging up. "come on." she smiled. "we're going out." she cheered, as she grabbed my arm.

we sneaked downstairs and walked around the corner, where we met a group of these boys in a car.

"cass, what are we doing?" i asked her furrowed eyebrows.

"it's gonna be fun." she laughed, as she once again took my hand and we ran over to them.

-

we spent most of the night laughing, drinking beer and driving around in their car.

i had so much fun. it was probably the most fun i had had since jess. it was all fun, until we nearly got arrested.

lucky for us cassidy talked us out of it and stated we weren't involved and we didn't even know the driver was drunk. of course those were all lies.

the cops took us back to cassidy's and we rushed up hoping her parents wouldn't catch us, however they were super laid back they probably wouldn't of even cared.

we threw ourselves down onto her bed and began laughing. "that was so much fun." i chuckled remembering the wild night.

one thing i loved cassidy for was because she really allowed me to get out of my comfort zone. i found i had the most fun with her, well apart from jess. i had the most fun with him.

"let's play dress up!" cassidy squealed, as we began getting into ridiculous 70's costumes going all out with our hair and makeup at 3am.

i just remember laughing so much that night. it was the best. we played abba, danced and took a bunch of photos on my disposable camera. she was the bestest friend i ever had.

it was around 7am and the sun had risen, but we were still awake in the costumes. "sabrina, you know your the only friend i need." she smiled at me.

"aw cass, same to you." i told her. "you're the bestest friend i've had in my entire life and i hope we're still doing stuff like this when we are sixty." i told her causing us both to let out infectious laughs.