11. iris

my mom had asked me to go to the shop and buy her some food, since one her friends were coming over.

i walked across the road heading towards doose's market when i saw jess. he grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side. "what are you doing?" i laughed.

"i missed you." he answered, as we both looked at each other smiling.

i was so happy when i was with jess. any worry i may of had before would always just disappear and every conversation would always flow and everything was always reciprocated.

"look, i really have to go and get this stuff for my mom." i told him, before subtly moving away from him and heading towards doose's market.

i stood watching dean scan everything. i remember his and rory's anniversary was coming up soon, so i decided to ask him what he had planned.

"i don't want rory to find out though," he sighed, as he thought about whether to tell me or not.

"what?" i questioned with furrowed brows. "do i not look trustworthy?"

"no it's just-" he sighed again, before finally agreeing to tell me.

i walked out of the shop and saw peter walking past. he stopped and smiled at me. "sabrina!" he cheerfully said. "let me help you, i'll walk you home." he smiled, as i nodded passing him one of the bags, as i held the other.

"i'm sorry you had to go for that lunch with jess." he sighed shaking his head. "i should've tried harder to get you out of it."

i side eyed him, whilst furrowing my eyebrows and lifting my lip. "did you not hear me?" i questioned bitterly. "i wanted to go with him and i also didn't appreciate you tying to dictate what i did." i explained in a harsh tone.

"oh sorry." he quickly said, before changing the whole conversation about himself.

we were slowly approaching my house, as he kept going on and on. "i don't care." i yelled at him out of frustration.

"what?" he questioned.

"all you constantly do it talk and talk about yourself," i snapped at him. "i bet you couldn't even tell me what my favourite film is or, or my favourite song?"

"sure i can." he mumbled looking down, as he tried to think but had no clue.

"girl from mars and pretty woman." i stated. "and i've told you multiple times my orders and you never get it right."

"why do those things matter though?"

"they don't, normally." i yell. "but, it's just the fact you don't know anything about me." i bitterly chuckled shaking my head.

i had finally realised that i wasn't asking for too much. peter knew moth mg about me it wasn't his fault he didn't know. it was mine. i was trying to make him understand me, but he wasn't the one who was supposed to understand to me.

i watched peter's expression on his face completely change. he aren't from looking fairly innocent to wanting to murder me. the rage in his eyes was almost frightening.
"this is about jess, isn't it?" he yelled at me.

"what?" i questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"i've seen the way you two go on with each other and guess what i'm better than this, i don't deserve it." he expressed to me with a malicious tone of voice. "i was great to you and now it's all over." he said through his teeth, before dropping my shopping bag onto the floor and storming off.