6. brutal

i woke up to the piercing sound of my alarm clock on my bedside table.

i used my hand continually trying to search for it to shut it up, but when i couldn't figure it out i had to force myself to sit up.

"oh, shit." i cursed when i realised i only had twenty minutes to get ready for school.

i jumped straight out of bed and rushed into the bathroom to get a quick shower and brush my teeth.

i ran back out of the bathroom, with my towel wrapped me rushing past my mom.

"are you okay?" she asked me with wide eyes.

"no, i'm late." i yelled, as i shut my door before getting dressed.

i quickly brushed through my soft hair, as i applied some mascara, blush and lipgloss.

"okay, this should be fine." i said to myself looking in the mirror, before grabbing my boots and bag.

"bye mom, love you!" i yelled, before closing the door behind me, as i rushed to school

-

the halls of my high school were unusually quiet, which meant one thing, everyone was in class and i was officially late.

i just did not want to be attending an after school detention, because my stupid alarm didn't go off. i made a mental note to never buy anything again just because it's fluffy.

nevertheless, i rushed to find my class. i peered through the small window on the door and saw she was writing our assignment onto the board.

my lips were pressed together, as i tried to quietly open the door, but that failed when the door let out a loud squeak. "oh." i awkwardly chuckled. "you might want to put some oil on that." i joked, however my teacher did not find it very funny, as she stood staring at me with narrow eyes and crossed arms.

"sorry." i whispered, as i tried to gently close it again, but it just made the same loud noise. i gritted my teeth together and furrowed my eyebrows from embarrassment.

"miss collins, why are you late?" miss bromley snapped, as she became tired of watching me try to get to my seat.

"uh." i hesitated, as i tried to come up with a reasonable excuse, but when i couldn't think of one i just decided to be honest. "my alarm didn't go off." i sighed.

mrs bromley gave me a disapproving look, before explaining how i'll be making up the time after class. i nodded and walked over to my seat.

i met eyes with jess, who was sat at the back of the class with a book in his hand. i gave him a small smile, but he just simply looked back down at his book ignoring me. yep. he was still pissed.

my friend cassidy, who i had became very close with recently was sat at the desk beside me. cassidy was easily one of the sweetest girls i had ever met. she always wanted to be helpful, but being completely honest, she wasn't the brightest. i loved hanging out with her though, she always made me laugh with her eventful love stories.