Chapter 27: Shooting Stars

"Where are you taking me?" I called out to the curly headed guy, who has attached his hand in my wrist and was dragging me.

He briefly turned around and smirked. "You'll see," I furrowed my eyebrows as my level of curiosity perched up higher.

The past few weeks were very tiring. (we had to go to countries back and forth) The boys had already finished half of their tour. Although it was very tiring, they never failed to make it fun and exciting. I think it's safe to say that this past weeks were the best times I ever had.

I brought my bottom lip out. "Can you please just tell me?" When he didn't respond when a minute passed, I sighed and gave up, knowing that he wouldn't tell me anything. His car came in to sight and he shoved me in. Literally. But he did it gently though. On the other side, he got in too and strapped his seat belt over him, I copied his actions and slumped back onto the chair.

"Just be sure I will like wherever you are taking me." I raised my eyebrows at him, crossing my arms over my chest, my bottom lip still brought out.

He chuckled. "Of course," he then brought out his hand and pinched my cheeks. That little gesture made me blush which made Harry laugh. I swatted his hands away. He revved up the engine and started the car. And we were off.

Trees, buildings and people passed by us as we drove the car. The car ride was silent but it wasn't awkward or anything. The traffic lights turned red which made the car stop. I gaze over my surroundings and then bit my lip as I looked at a little boy with curly hair on the sidewalk. He was happily munching on the ice cream, his eyes gleaming. His eyes shone brighter as he saw a girl with long brown hair walked towards him and kissed him on the cheeks. That made the curly haired boy blush, he took out his hand and gently intertwined his and the little girl's hand. They smiled at each other and walked away. I felt a pang in my chest as I watch them. Tears unconsciously sprung in my eyes but I hold it back in. You would think that I was over my childhood best friend but I was far from it. There was still a longing in my heart. I wanted to see him, wanted to see how he was doing. I let out a shaky breath. He promised that we will see each other again soon. But, I don't know how long I can wait anymore. I was starting to think that he had forgotten about me, that he actually made no effort to find me. But how could he? He knew my name was Elle. Not Louella. There were a lot if Elle in this world. He didn't know my last name and I didn't know his. It would be a miracle if we ever saw each other again.

I missed him.

"We're here," I didn't notice that the car had already stopped. I was too drowned in my thoughts. Harry's face blew out in a big grin then concerned took over his features as he takes a look at me. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I force out a small smile.

"Alright," His voice held out uncertainty but he soon shook it off which I was grateful for. "Let's go then?"

"Yeah, sounds good." Before he could open the car door for me, I got out. He frowned when he saw me already out. "Slow poke," I teased, grinning at him. I looked at my surroundings and furrowed my eyebrows. I was met with darkness. Well, it wasn't really dark though, I could see the place faintly but all I see was a staircase. "Where are we? Is this is the place?"

"Of course not, we have to go up the staircase."

"Oh great, I've always liked going up the stairs," I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes at me. "Well, shall we go then?" I didn't wait for his answer, I was already trudging up the steps. Before I could take another step up, a hand stopped me. Tingles shot through my skin. I can't believe he still had that effect on me. "What?" Surprisingly, my voice came out steady while I was dying inside because of this simple gesture.