Chapter 24: The Truth Finally Comes Out

Elle's POV:

"M-Melanie!" I felt my heart pick up pace every step she took forward. "I-I can explain!"

By now, she was standing in front of me. "Explain what?!" She hissed. "I have given you a chance! I warned you!" I felt a sharp pain on my cheek as she glared at me. Unconsciously, my hand went up to my cheeks. Her face was going red by any second. I saw Harry walk in front of me blocking Melanie.

"Melanie please. Go." Harry spoke calm but sternly. She started throwing curses at me then she lunged herself towards me. Harry hold her firmly, not letting her touch me.

She gritted her teeth and started to walk away then she looked back. "You will regret this Louella."

Harry turned to look at me, concern etched on his eyes. He touched my cheeks gently. "Do they hurt?" I didn't reply back. I pushed his hands away and look for Melanie. I looked around, panicking.

"Where is she?" I turned my head to the right, but she wasn't in sight. I started to hop in my crutches. I groaned when I realize I can't run. "She can't have gone far." My heart pace was quickening up. "Oh God, where is she?" I was starting to get desperate.

I felt a pair of large hands cupped my cheeks. "Elle," My eyes kept roaming around. "Elle, Elle, listen to me."

I made eye contact with him. "What?"

"Calm down. What happened?"

I sighed. So many thoughts were going through my mind. What will happen to my mom? She will be so disappointed in me. This was the only thing that I could have done for her yet, I can't do it. I hate it when people get unhappy because it was my entire fault. Tears started to brim my eyes. I blinked them rapidly but failed. A lone tear dropped.

"Hey, don't cry." He wiped the tear away. "Tell me what happened?" He said soothingly.

"My mom,"

"What happened to your mom?"

"Her job,"

"Her job?" He was growing more confused. "Can you please tell me a whole sentence rather than two words?"

"Oh for God's sake! She's gonna lose her job!" I started to bite my nails unconsciously.

"Why?"

"Because you kissed me!"

"What the-"

I slapped a hand over his mouth. "Don't curse!"

"Hey kids!" I heard a voice say. We both turned our head towards the direction.

Then I felt something wet on my hand. I scrunched up my nose in disgust. "Did you just lick my hand?" Harry smirked. "Eww! You're so disgusting!" I wipe my hand over his shirt.

"You love it,"

"No, I don't,"

"Hey!" The voice said once again. It was Louis. "We have been waiting for you! Come now or else we will leave you!"

"Come on," Harry said. He assists me while I was hopping in my crutches. It was cool in the beginning but now I started to get tired of them. While we were walking, Harry said, "Let's talk about it later."

As we get to the van, as I was expecting, the boys started to question why I had a red finger print on my cheek.

"What happened to your cheeks?" Niall asked.