Chapter 21: Travis

Dedicated to @Onedirectionrocksxx for being my 600th fan. Thank you! :)

________________________________________________________________

Chapter 21: Travis

*1 week later*

Elle's POV:

"Elle, what are you doing here?" I quickly wiped my tears away, even if I know it was dark. By the light outside the door, I can see my mom's worried face. She flicked the lights on which caused me to be blinded by the light. I covered my face in my hands then she slowly pulled it away. "Have you been crying?"

"No" I said, even though she knew I was, by the looks of it.

"What happened, sweetie?"

"Just let it go mom. I'm fine." I sniffed.

"I'm not going anywhere till I know what's going on." She crossed her arms. I groaned. She sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "Is this about Harry? I heard you guys broke up." I hesitantly nodded. "Is he the one who ended things with you?" I shook my head then she gave me a confused look.

"I broke up with him." I sighed.

"Why? I thought you really like him." She questioned.

"That's what I thought too." I lied.

"You gotta work on that."

"On what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"On lying. You're a really bad liar, you know that?"

I chuckled. "I know." I stuck out my tongue and went back to depressed mode.

"Come on Elle bear. You gotta tell me what's wrong."

"I can't!" I shouted then I immediately regretted it. "Sorry."

"Louella Marie Brooks, You tell me what's going on right now." She said, sternly with a stern eye. I shuddered.

"Okay fine." I took a deep breath. "IbrokeupwithHarrybecausesomeonethreatenedme."

"Louella." She warned.

I sighed exasperatedly and said it again in a dull voice. "I broke up with Harry because someone threatened me."

"Threatened you to what?"

My palms began to produce sweat. "Thatshewilltakeawayyourjob."

She took in a deep breath, probably calming her nerves. I knew I hit a spot, I shuddered at the sight in front of me. Her eyes were glaring and her nostrils were flaring. I back away a little from her. "Louella..." She said calmly, waiting for me to speak. When I didn't, she burst. "SERIOUSLY ELLE! IF YOU DON'T TELL ME THIS INSTANT I WIL-"

"Okay! She threatened me that she will take away your job if I didn't break up with Harry." I let out a deep breath, throwing my hands in the air. "There! I said it! Happy now?" A lonely tear starts to escape from my eyes. I wipe it away with my hand.

She sat right next to me, hugging me from the side. "Tell me, who is this 'she'."

"Melanie." I mumbled.

"Sweetie, you shouldn't have done that. I can find another job somewhere. Why sacrifice your happiness?"

"You took me in, treated me like your own child. I don't want to do that to you."

"Your hapinnes is more important. Now that you are all I have right now and of course, Travis." She sighed, tears brimming in her waterline.

"What do you mean?"