Part 5

I͓̽t's late and past 7 when Tatum had picked her from home, Gracie sat in the passenger seat in jeans and a cropped t-shirt as she lays her legs on the dashboard, chewing on a piece of gum as she attempted to paint her nails bloody red.

"Do you think there's a chance that Stu might have cheated on me?" Tatum ask as she drove into Sidney's house's street, the sun barely shone them the ways as the car headlights beam brighter.

"Hardly a chance, he's a dork and always has been," Gracie murmured through her gum, a smirk on her face. "He hardly looks at any girl," If only Tatum knew what happened behind doors.

When Tatum turn around the corner, both girls were hit with blue and red lights from the police cars, Gracie sat up straight as her eyes carefully scan the house while Tatum was freaked beyond belief. The girl got out of the car, followed by Gracie as she opened the door.

Tatum ran first to Sidney in worry for her friends that is seated in an ambulance with her brother, Dewey, and the sheriff. While Gracie took her time, slowly walked up but stop right beside a police car where Billy is seated and cuffed in.

Seeing Tantum and Sidney too busy among themselves, the deputy and sheriff too. Gracie walks up to Billy only to be stopped by a policeman, telling her it's dangerous, "Ma'am, I suggest you step back. This man is dangerous and the main suspect for now."

Gracie gave the officer a cold stare, looking down at his eyes, but she quickly conceals them with an innocent gleam knowing she shouldn't blow the cover yet, "He's a friend, please. You'll be here to protect me if anything happens, right?" she asked as she gave a smile of pure innocence.

That smile easily bewitches the policeman as he made way for Gracie and opens the car door, he gave Billy a warning if he tried to run before stepping away but guards up. The moment her eyes fell on Billy's who already was staring at her.

"Hi," she greeted, her voice still gentle and sweet, "How does it feel being cuffed? I find them a turn on , especially in bed." Her voice is a hush as their conversation would be private and confidential. Billy didn't bother to answer, his eyes were still fixated on her, and thanks to her, his mind is recapping memories.

He is so engrossed with her that he forgot he was locked in a police car.

He was staring at her like a man hypnotized. As he stared, the girl's mouth drops open, "Did you switch your phone before getting caught?" She asked, the sound of her voice is like a soft ripple on the clear waters of the lake but Billy knew better. He and Stuart knew the darkest things hidden in those eyes.

"Yeah, how long do I have to be in jail? You must be having fun while we do the hard works for you." Billy replied while he still was staring at her, the girl was so perfect that he couldn't help but stare a lot.

"Just for a day, if my assumption goes right. You'll be out by morning when the results of the phone log are out." Gracie chooses to ignore the last statement from Billy, knowing it's not filled with venom for her as she does her fair share of tasks too.

Gracie leans closer to Billy, letting her soft finger trail his temple down to his jaw. Her hazel eyes glow seeing Billy close his eyes, enjoying the touch, placing a lingering kiss on his cheek before she stood back straight at the call of Tatum.

"Grace! Get away from him, he isn't safe for now," Billy rolled his eyes as Gracie smirked discreetly at him before replying with the purest sound, "B-But isn't he our fri-"

Gracie didn't get to finish when Tatum wrapped a protective hand around her, eyeing the policeman from before to close the door. Billy didn't bother hiding his scowl aimed at Tatum as the car door close on him and Gracie was dragged away.

A big, white news van comes to a stop in front of the house. The side door slides open and Gale Weathers hops out just in time to see Sidney being escorted to a squad car but her eyes fell on Gracie and Tatum, "Jesus, the camera-hurry!"

Gale quickly rushes to Tatum and Gracie, "Excuse me?" Tatum looks up to see Gale Weathers rushing her, quicking her pace while shielding Gracie from the awful woman. "Was that Sidney Prescott they took away?" Tatum guided Gracie into the car seat, closing the door before Gale could aim another question to her friend, "I don't know. I'm not talking to you."

Tatum hops in her car, ignoring her. Tatum's car peels out as Kenny the cameraman of Gale comes running up with his camera, being late to even record anything.

(ಽ ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)ಽ

They were in the police station right now; Tatum had gone to find some snack to comfort the shaking Sidney while Gracie merely sat beside her. She sits at a desk drinking a cup of water as her eyes would drift to Sidney who wears the sheriff's jacket over her shoulders and the office window where Billy is with his father, being questioned by the sheriff.

Gracie kept quiet, not knowing what to question the girl, it's was like an awkward silence on her part but she knows Sidney didn't notice this by how her mind was moving gears at everything. Probably even second-guessing her action.

Tatum has joined them a few minutes later, giving Gracie some chocolates to entertain the bored girl. The sheriff's office door opens and Billy is led out by a couple of uniform policers. Burke, the sheriff, and Dewey appear in the door watching Tatum comfort Sidney, not even side eyeing Gracie.

As Tatum argue with Dewey about getting home, Gracie moved her eyes around the police station, taking any useful information as she even eavesdrops on the conversation Dewey was having with the sheriff.

"Use the back way. Avoid the circus." The sheriff pointed to the back door, knowing the journalist and news reporter are awaiting in front of the station.

The door opens and Sidney, Gracie, Tatum, and Dewey, exit avoiding the horde of reporters that can be seen around the corner waiting anxiously at the front entrance. "I'll get the car. Wait here." Dewey takes off, giving his jacket to Gracie, seeing her shiver in the cold wind.

From the darkness of the alley, Gale Weathers appears with Kenny and his camera just in time after Dewey left. They've been waiting, anticipating for them already, Gracie had to give it to them for being smart and not waiting like a bunch of idiots at the front.

"Hello, Sidney," Sidney spins around to see Gale, standing, smiling at her with a mic shoved into her face, and Kenny with the big camera. Sidney's body tightens and her face goes taut, Tatum glaring at the older woman while Gracie kept a confused look.

"Some night. Are you alright?" Gracie watch as their eyes meet in a cold familiar stare. Sidney says nothing, she's visibly shaking but Gale wasn't planning on giving up easily, "What happened?"

Tatum had a defensive stance in front of Sidney and Gracie, not afraid that Kenny was filming all this, "She's not answering any questions. Just leave us alone, okay?"

Seeing her friend doing such things, Sidney decided it's time she face this head-on, "It's okay, Tatum. She's just doing her job. Right, Gale?"

"Yes, that's right." Gale had a winning look, feeling she finally broke Sidney to talk. Dewey, in a squad car, turns into the alley and pulls up, rushing out to the girls to help. The other news people have wizened up. They begin to flock to the alley, their noisy state was starting to bleed Gracie's ears, never liking press and reporters at all.

"How's the book?" "It'll be out later this year." Sidney tries to contain herself, squeezing a clenched fist at Gale's smirking face. Gracie glances between the two, Dewey whispering at her to get in the car first since he sees her as the more sensitive one there.

"I'll look for it." "I'll send you a copy." In a blurred, unexpected instant, Sidney brings her fist forward, smashing it hard into Gale Weathers's face. The impact sends Gale reeling backward, knocking into Kenny as they both tumble to the pavement.

Gracie couldn't hold her laughter and pointed at Gale's surprised look while Tatum was in shock at Sidney's rough action. Sidney was breathing deep, a sense of satisfaction on her face.