Part 21

G͓̽racie watch as Sidney digs her hand into Billy's open chest wound. He cries out bloody murder as her other hand brings the gun up that she was able to reach to his face but Billy's head bunts it out the front door. Sidney's eyes follow the gun, cursing now that she was weaponless and in trouble, suddenly a flash of silver appears above Sidney.

Billy has grasped the butcher knife; he rises it high above Sidney ready to strike when a bullet rips through the foyer striking Billy and knocking him back into the living room. Gracie glanced at the foyer not bothered about Billy knowing the boy wasn't dead as the bullet when through his shoulder, she scoffed seeing Gale there, holding the gun in a death grip as smoke rises above the gun's chamber.

Carefully moving around without the two girls noticing her, Gracie goes to Billy's side when Sidney and Gale help each other, their eyes meet as if a life truce. And if Gracie wasn't busy dragging Billy to the side away from everyone's view, she would be rolling her eyes and gagging at how cheesy they were being.

"Randy? Randy?!" Sidney called out, her head relocating to each corner for her friend, Gale doing the same only to notice Billy's body was gone, "Shit! There was another." Sidney and Gale curse, remembering Gracie, running around the house and looking around.

Sidney found Randy first, helping the boy out while Gale was daring enough to check upstairs, but there was no sign of the girl nor Billy and Stuart. The three gathered in the living room, feeling safe now that the house was eerily empty and quiet but knew this wasn't the end of the trio who are missing.

A quiet moment when suddenly, a figure lung at them. Both Sidney and Gale and Randy scream in unison as Mr. Prescott leaps forward, still bound and gagged. Sidney catches her breath, relaxing, "Oh Daddy..." She rushes to him, untying him while Gale moves to the bookcase and retrieves the hidden camera only to find it missing but a sticky note saying,

'I'm borrowing it, don't worry you'll get it back... smashed although, :P'.

⊂(•̀﹏•́⊂ )∘˚˳°

The night has slowly disappeared as the sunshine bright in the skies, police cars, ambulances, new reporters, and all gather around the Macher's house. It has become a famous and wildly known crime scene. Dead bodies were wrapped in black bags and strolled over to the labs.

Turns out, Sidney, her dad, Gale, and Randy wasn't the only one alive out of the gruesome crime, Dewey was also badly injured and sent to the hospital.

"What are we doing here, I got some reporting to do," Gale complain, every victim that has gotten out alive was in the sheriff's office, all still covered in blood and bruises, some bandages too.

Sidney was embracing her father, having missed him a lot and after everything, they had been through together. Randy beside the girl with a scared puppy look for being in the police station, thinking he would be in trouble. Sheriff Burke shakes his head, hesitating to form his words, he didn't have to for now when a policeman walked in giving him some files before disappearing.

"We had a talk with each parent. And we found something interesting with Gracie Smith." Gale perks up at hearing the name, she was the only one in the survival group that didn't know Gracie's history nor that well, "Who the hell is she?"

Sheriff Burke passed the information file about Gracie to Gale, it would be easier for his job to explain things too, "Gracie Smith, her mother lost her legs when her car collided with a drunk driver. She would become abusive to Gracie after, seeing that the girl was in the car to at only 7 years old but got out in one piece."

Everyone glanced at Gale's shoulder to the files, it showed an old newspaper reporting about the car incident, Sheriff Burke continued, "Things didn't go well with the Smith's afterwords. Her mother caught his husband cheating and when she confronted him, he revealed that his partner was pregnant with his child also."

Sheriff Burke let out a sigh, shaking his head before continuing, "Something click in her mind, she went crazy, psychotic even. She attempted to kill herself with Gracie but the police put it on time to save Gracie but not her."

Gale passed out a paper, containing another newsletter. It was about an attempt at murder and suicide in a burning abandoned building. A picture of Gracie at only 10 was shown. "Did a doctor get her checked out?" Sidney glared at Gale's question, her soft spot for Gracie was showing.

"What? Her mum was a nut case, it could trigger her too." Gale shrugged her shoulder, Sheriff Burke replied, "After the abusive things she got from her mother, Mr. Smith brought her to a doctor and he diagnosed her with a psychotic disorder. She has abnormal thinking and perceptions, even loses some contact with reality. She was sent to the mental hospital for most of her childhood, when she got out at 14, she found out her father remarried his partner."

Randy glance at everyone, asking the question bugging him since the beginning, "Ok? Why are we here then?" Sheriff Burke let out a shaking sigh, taking another pile of papers on his desk and giving them each one. Sidney looks at it, scanning it carefully, it was like a movie script, very detailed to the point but it was crime slash murder based.

"I-Isn't this how Casey and Steve died?" Randy felt like he wanted to vomit, the script had too much information about gore. Sheriff Burke nods his head, "That's right, we went to the mental hospital she was checked out, they gave us this. Turns out, she's been writing this all her life, ways to kill her victims. We found more on her computer at home... Some of them have detailed descriptions of who."