Part 10

T͓̽he car back home was awfully awkward, Gracie would purposely scorn her father and when his voice and the repeated question were annoying her, she blasts out a song from her phone, overpowering the voice from being heard. This allowed Gracie to ignore her father for the remainder of the ride home. The silence was awkward.

Gracie perks up her ears and turned the volume down when her phone vibrant at a new message, "Blockbuster, you coming?" It was from Stuart, Gracie glanced back up at the rear mirror to her father who already had eyes on her.

"What is it? Do you have something going on?" he asked Gracie. She was silent as she looked down at the screen and tapped the message. "Can we talk about it?" he asks, waiting for a response. "You can tell me-"

"Blockbuster, I want to go there." It took her father a while to understand her words before taking a turn to her wanted destination. "Why do you want to go to Blockbuster?" He asked, trying to open a conversation with his daughter.

However, Gracie didn't even glance at him, treating him like he was a speck of dust. She pushed off the car once they arrived at the place and opened the door that was parked, her father watching her as she walked into the store, her hair falling down her back. "I-I'll wait here!"

Gracie walked into your typical Blockbuster, huge and crowded. Her appearance gained attention to her, at a moment like this would she release how popular she was. Ignoring them, she strolls into an aisle of a romance movie section.

She notices Randy, in his Blockbuster get-up, who is busy re-shelving returns when Stuart appears knocking the videos out of his hand. Gracie and Stuart made eye contact before he went with his task, and her with looking for a movie.

"You coming tonight?" Stuart had this excitement glint in his eyes, hoping for Randy to come to his Halloween party. "Yeah, I'm off early... curfew you know-" Randy looks around the store and landed on something, "Now that's in poor taste."

Stuart made a confused look before Randy refers to Billy who stands down the aisle talking to two girls, you can see the clear annoyed look on Billy as the girls flirted with him. Randy followed his gaze and saw Billy was staring at Gracie who reading the back of a movie, "If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath would you be standing in the horror section?"

"It was all a misunderstanding. He didn't do anything." Stuart backed up his friend, before being interrupted by "You're such the little lap dog. He got killer printed all over his forehead." Randy retorts, he and Stuart watch as Billy moved over to Gracie.

"Then why'd the police let him go?" Stuart sees Billy whispering something in Gracie's ears, he didn't need to know that Billy must have had his arm around her waist since the shelf are blocking from shoulder to below.

"Because, obviously, they don't watch enough movies. This is standard horror movie stuff. Prom Night revisited." Randy moves down the aisle, re-shelving videos. His eyes kept glancing at Gracie which didn't go unnoticed by Stuart.

"Why would he want to kill his own girlfriend?" Stuart followed along with Randy, to keep up the conversation. "There's always some stupid bullshit reason to kill your girlfriend. That's the beauty of it all. Simplicity. Besides, if it's too complicated you lose your target audience." Randy moved to the front where he noticed Gracie and Billy has left the aisle.

Stuart followed closely behind him. "I think her father did it. How come they can't find his ass?" Randy shrugged his shoulders before continuing in his story. "Because he's probably dead. His body will come popping out in the last reel somewhere, eyes gauged. See, the police are always off track with this shit, if they'd watch Prom Night they'd save time. There's a formula to it. A very simple one. Everyone's always a suspect, the father, the principal, the town derelict..."

Randy stacked the last of his movie collection into the aisle as he continued his summary, "So while they're off investigating a dead-end, Billy, who's been written off as a suspect, is busy planning his next hunting expedition-"

"How do we know you're not the killer?" Randy spins around to find Billy right behind him. Busted. "Uh... hi, Billy." Randy tried to walk away, Billy had always been a scary person to him, his eyes always hold that mysterious glint as if hiding something gruesome. But now it's a clear look of anger, the way he stared at Randy was chilling.

Stuart had stopped his fleeing, holding Randy from his back, placing his arms on Randy's shoulder, and using his weight to firm him in place. Billy had taken a choking grasp on his uniform, overpowering him to look into his eyes. "Maybe your movie-freaked mind lost its reality button?"

Randy shrugs, laughing it off. Trying to play it cool but his shaking was as clear as the daylight, "Y-You're absolutely right. I'm the first to admit it. If this were a scary movie, I'd be the prime suspect." He turns to Stuart then Billy, afraid of what the two were planning with those grins.

"And what would be your motive?" Stuart mumbles in Randy's ear, Billy had loosened his grip on the uniform, although still keeping a firm hold. Stumbling his words, Randy attempted his best to overpower Billy's and Stuart's dominance, "It's 1995... Motives are incidental."

Before Stuart or Billy could integrate more from the unfortunate Randy, a random video case was placed between Billy and Randy. They all turn their eyes to recognize Gracie standing there with a raised eyebrow, "What are you boys doing? You got one simple task, find a movie."

Stuart and Billy let go of Randy immediately which caused Randy to give Gracie a grateful smile. Stuart quickly ran to Gracie's side, locking his arms around her hip, "What movie did you pick, princess? You weren't in the horror section." Stuart took the video from Gracie's hand and raise it up from Gracie's reach. "Pretty Woman? Doesn't that have steamy shit in it?"

Gracie was able to take the video back, hitting the case on Stuart's chest who playfully faked a hurtful expression. "Not steamy enough, do you have something more r-rated here, Randy?" Gracie teasingly walk up to Randy, tracing the corner of the video on his chest, batting her eyelash as Randy was clearly uncomfortable by the question.

Stuart laugh out loud catching everyone's attention by how Randy was visibly sweating and swallowing his saliva, Gracie had abruptly abandoned her innocent act which caught the male off guard. Billy smirk, wanting to play with Randy more, wrapping his arms around Gracie's waist, pulling her into him more as he licks a trail on Gracie's bare neck, shocking Randy more. The fact that Billy is touching a woman that not his girlfriend is obviously too much for Randy.

His brain is circling in so many places, Sidney the most. But the three know, even with Randy speaking out what he saw now to Sidney, the girl wouldn't believe that his loyal, patient boyfriend would cheat on him.

It finally hits him, all those small touches and looks Stuart and Billy had to Gracie weren't something that should easily be overlooked. He was even second-guessing if Gracie was the innocent, naive, and kind girl she puts out to be.

"No need to fret, Randy. I could always look at the adult section." Gracie leaned to place a peck on Randy's cheek, her lips felt like heaven to the boy as his face rose red. "Oh! I'm definitely joining you on that!" Stuart rushed over to Gracie who let his hand fall on her hips as they walk to a different aisle.

Billy was left with Randy; his dark demeanor came back as he grabbed Randy's shoulder and pushed him towards the aisle. "You keep quiet on this won't, ya? Or I might just have a motive for your death." Billy's eyes locked on Randy's; his eyebrows were raised in a threatening manner.