Part 6

"G͓̽od, I loved it. 'I'll send you a copy,' BAM. Bitch went down!" Tatum yelled out, recreating the previous scene with her stuffed bunny in hand as Sidney. Tatum's room is smaller than Gracie's room, there were two beds. Typical pink and white decorated for a female teenager's room.

Gracie was laying on Tatum's bed since they would be sharing, everyone is in their nightwear. Dewey appears in the doorway holding a bag of ice, "I thought you might want some ice for that right book."

"Can I use the restroom?" Gracie mumbles to Tatum since she was the nearest and the hostess here. Tatum nods, giving the instruction as Gracie slips past Dewey.

As Gracie walk her way to her detonated location, she stops are the pitched ringing tone of the phone that was beside her. "Dewey, honey! Can you get that!" That was Tatum's mother calling out, Gracie waited for a few seconds while looking around.

Seeing no Dewey and Mrs. Riley continuous calling out for him, Gracie answered the older woman, "I'll get it, Mrs. Riley."

Gracie ignore her thanks as she went to pick up the phone, "Hello?" A distorted sound replies back to her, something she was very similar to as its chuckles rang through her ears.

"How's my little girl doing? Is the sleepover wearying you already?" That was a distorted voice as it asked up to her, "I'm doing just fine here. I see at least someone is having fun tonight." The rough laughter didn't sound much more pleasing in her ears, wishing to hear his real voice than the voice changer being used, "Since Billy isn't here to monitor me, I could have as much fun as I want!"

Gracie look around her, just in time for Mrs. Riley to walk up the stair to her. Mumbling a question to Gracie about who the caller is asking for, to which she moved the phone slightly, "They are asking for Sid, can you call for her?"

Mrs. Riley wears a comforting smile and nods, moving to her daughter's room to reach for the girl, leaving Gracie behind with the caller.

"Billy isn't around, but I am. Now, you be a good boy and play the main character of my movie well." Gracie rolled her eyes and continued to listen, chuckling a bit.

"Anything for you, babe," Gracie let out a pleased hum at the reply she got, placing the phone away just for Sidney to walk past her where she pointed at the awaiting phone, "Is it my father, Grace?"

"I'm afraid not Sid, sorry." Sidney waved Gracie's apology away, stating it was fine but the girl could see her clear worry and fear for her only remaining family.

Gracie decided to purposely slow her pace back to Tatum's room, knowing Sidney is going to perk everyone's attention soon enough, "NOOOOO...." And just as Gracie predicted.

Mrs. Riley turns in the doorway along with Tatum who comes bolting out of the bedroom, clasping hand with Gracie on the way to Sidney's side.

"LEAVE ME ALONE," Sidney yells at the caller, Tatum holding a firm grip on Gracie who kept a scared facial expression. Mrs. Riley tried to ease her daughter's and everyone's anguish to no avail while yelling out to his son, Dewey.

"Who are you!" Sidney's eyes were a glowing fire in them, she had enough of all these games. Mrs. Riley had rushed off, running to Dewey's bedroom as she beats on the door, "Dewey I Dewey!"

Dewey flies out of his room wearing only his boxers and holding his gun, "What? What?" Mrs. Riley quickly guides him to the phone call but by then the phone goes dead. Sidney stands frozen, Gracie looks up at Tatum, asking if she did any wrong by giving the phone to Sidney to which the girl shook her head and embrace her.

(  ・ิω・ิ)

The morning sun shines high over Bayboro Townsquare. Cars come to life; townsfolk stir as the picture-postcard community awakens from a restless sleep.

Sidney, Gracie, and Tatum sit at the kitchen table, dressed and ready for school as Mrs. Riley serves up breakfast. Gracie decided to ditch her cheerleader uniform today and stuck with simple dark wash skinny jeans and a black top.

A small television sitting on the counter was blaring. Dewey, in uniform, stands near the door, talking on the phone. As Gracie chew on the homemade pancake, Mrs. Riley spoke out her opinion, "I think you girls really should stay home today."

"Your objection is duly noted." Tatum's sigh clearly didn't have much of good sleep with last night's event. "I'd rattier be around a lot of people, Mrs. Riley." Sidney tried her best to form a genuine smile that she was fine.

"There's a lot of people in school, if anything were to happen, I'm sure they would be caught immediately. Thank you for the worry, Mrs. Riley."

From the TV, everyone hears Sidney's name being shown and spoken by the reporter. All eyes go to the television, "... Sidney Prescott who escaped a vicious attack last night was the daughter of Maureen Prescott who was brutally killed last year when convicted murderer Cotton Weary..."

The screen shows Cotton in his prison clothes, orange top to bottom, glaring at the screen. A once handsome man, now haggard and worn, "... broke into their home and savagely raped and tortured the deceased. Cotton Weary is currently awaiting an appeal for the death sentence handed down after the young Sidney testified against him. She was the key witness in the state's prosecution..."

Gracie spoke up in the silence, "This clearly isn't going to stop easily," She answered the lingering question in Sidney's mind. Dewey let out a cough, gaining everyone's attention as he got off the phone, "Billy was released. His cellular bill was clean. He didn't make those calls."

Gracie hide her smirk well, as she took one last bite from her food. Her eyes went around reading everyone's faces, "Well that's going to be awkward." She mumbles but only Sidney and Tatum heard her.

Tatum gave the girl a stern look while Sidney let out a sigh knowing Gracie is right. She did accuse her boyfriend of being the killer and now his release, how's she going to face him in school?