Chapter 23: Questions

Sorry for not updating sooner! This chapter was almost finished for a while but then wattpad changed "my works" thing and I don't like it. I don't even know where I can see if I made any mistakes or something... But after a while, I got used to it so yeah... So sorry if there are some mistakes, I still have to correct everything!

♂+♂=♥

Thankfully nothing happened during the five minutes I was away. When I came back, Kek was sitting on the floor and was playing with his dog while Benoit was sitting on the sofa and was looking awkward. I sat on the sofa not too far from Benoit but still letting a safe distance between us. "So... You said you remembered everything... What do you remember exactly?" I finally asked, really curious to know his answer.

"I remember how we met, the moments we spent together... I remember when you brought Kek back home that night. I remember being jealous... I remember being attacked that night...." He said with a small frown on his face and I could see that he was reliving the scene in his eyes.

"The attack?! Do you know who attacked you?" I asked, surprised to see he was there especially if he knew everything I knew now.

"Not really... The room was in the dark so I can't remember his face or anything... I only know it was a guy but other than that... Not really. I just want to move on to be honest." I didn't know if I should feel relieved that he didn't know who attacked him or slightly stressed. Kek has been smart during all this time even without being conscious of his actions... How smart was he actually? How far could he go without being caught? I knew I was playing with fire and I could get into trouble for helping a... murderer.

"I see..." I said, not knowing what to say. It wasn't like I could say the truth, especially not with Kek staring at me from the corner of his eyes and listening all my words. "Who's hungry? We could order pizza?" I asked and took my phone out of my pocket when Kek and Benoit agreed.

"How long have you been with Kek?" Benoit asked me while we were waiting for the pizza which was supposed to come soon.

"A few months... But we have a complicated relationship..." I said, murmuring the last part mostly to myself. Luckily, someone knocked on the door before they even had time to react to my words. I got up and took the pizza after paying the delivery boy.

We sat around the table, Benoit in front of me and Kek next to me, closer than needed. We all took a slice and we began eating in a comfortable silence. Soon enough, Kek began to caress my arm slowly with one of his hand while continuing eating with the other. He was also staring at Benoit while doing it; it was as if he wanted to provoke him. Luckily he didn't seem to mind that or it would have created a war, for real.

"I admit, I came here because I wanted a sort of closure, you see what I mean? I met someone and I really, really like him. Our relationship isn't easy because he lost someone who meant a lot to him and he currently has a lot of problems but I'm helping him the best I can. I really want to believe that our relationship can work..." He said a slight blush on his cheeks. He was looking at the table and was playing with his fingers; it was adorable. You could easily see that this person meant a lot to him and I was happy for him. He was a great person and totally deserved it.

"I'm glad you're happy, you deserve it! So, what's his name?" I asked with a small smile, really curious to know more about him.

"Michael! He has a little boy too! And he doesn't mind me dressing up, he actually likes it!!" He exclaimed, a true smile on his lips. You could easily see the happiness in his eyes.

Kek also seemed to realize that and the look in his eyes changed slightly. His eyes were less dark; you could see that he was still a bit suspicious but less than before which was a great thing.

After this small but much needed conversation, the dinner was more joyful and with way less tension. We even had a great time and even Kek smiled time to time! Sadly, all good things have to end and, two hours later, Benoit was getting ready to leave. I asked him a few times if he didn't want to stay the night but no, he didn't want to disturb us any longer and he couldn't wait to get back to his 'friend'.

Benoit gave a quick hug to Kek before walking toward me. He stopped in front of me and looked at Kek from the corner of his eyes and, after Kek's approval, he gave me a hug. "I was happy to see you again. Good luck with Kek" He whispered in my ear before releasing me. He gave us another last smile before leaving.

We watched him entering in his car and driving until he was out of sight. "Well, that was fun." Kek mumbled while rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah. Do you want to go to sleep?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah... I'm tired." He yawned while clutching to my shirt like a little child. I carried him in the bedroom and put him gently on the bed. He got out of his clothes, leaving only his underwear on before going under the covers. I did the same and, as soon as I was under the covers, Kek moved until he was in my arms. He was already asleep which wasn't unusual; he was always falling asleep quickly.

As I watched him sleep, I began to think about today. He was acting so strange, even more than usual. He was almost behaving like a little child which was really confusing. But I had to admit that I liked this side of him more than the other, darker, side. Of course, I couldn't forget how he behaved when he saw Benoit; I sincerely thought he was going to do something bad. And it was worrying me. He was really unstable, he couldn't control his emotions and there were so many things that could go wrong.

As I was beginning to fell asleep, my thoughts drifted toward the dream I had not too long ago. Everything seemed so, so real... I being the insane one locked in a mental hospital while Kek was somewhere else...

This situation wasn't great for my mental health. Maybe I should just take a few days away from everything... Without Kek... But I doubt it would ever be possible, I had a feeling he would be there, next to me, until my last breath or even after...

♂+♂=♥

So, what did you think about this chapter? Did you like it? Any thoughts about Kek? And Jack? What do you think is going to happen?

I hope you all enjoyed Benoit (small) comeback!

Picture of Kek ~~>

Thank you all for reading/voting/commenting on this story so far

Thank you all for reading/voting/commenting on this story so far. It makes me really, really happy! :)